|“||Huge bombs blow up Bloons in a large area and allow Frags to pop more Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Really Big Bombs is the third upgrade of Path 1 for the Bomb Shooter in BTD6. It produces explosions with increased explosion radius (from ~20 to ~35), extra damage (from 2 to 3), and pops up to 50 bloons per bomb instead of 30. When crosspathed with Frag Bombs, fragments have +1 pierce (2 pierce), last longer, and have larger hitboxes.
It cost $1,020 on Easy, $1,200 on Medium, $1,295 on Hard and $1,440 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Really Big Bombs serves mostly as a stepping stone towards Bloon Impact. It deals increased damage overall and therefore it can be used to reduce stronger non-MOAB-class bloons into weaker groups. Really Big Bombs is usually less favored over alternate options, especially Cluster Bombs, due to the relatively low pierce and attack speed of Really Big Bombs.
Its single niche compared to alternate, more superior Bomb Shooter upgrades is how its explosions can pop Rainbow Bloons such that they do not spawn any Zebra Bloons or Black Bloons.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As of Version 20.0, Really Big Bombs is roughly equivalent to Bloon Impact except without the black-popping power or the stun benefits. As such, it can be used to wipe out stronger non-MOAB bloons easier, specifically against Rainbow Bloons where it can bypass the black-immune layers.
- Really Big Bombs makes a good stepping stone to the more powerful Bloon Impact, but alone it is generally not as good as a 2-0-3 Cluster Bombs, as it doesn't have the bonus range or bonus explosions that can inflict more DPS.
- One advantage of Really Big Bombs compared to a 2-0-3 Cluster Bombs is that it can have both the benefits of Path 1 and Path 2, for the larger explosions and the faster attack speed. However, 2-0-3 Cluster Bombs usually performs better overall for a lower price.
- Setting a Really Big Bombs on Close around a tight bend may be used to maximize the potential of the bigger explosions, as it can be used as a cheaper version of Ring of Fire but without the black-popping.
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Cost of Really Big Bombs decreased ($1500 --> $1200)
- 302 Bomb Shooter increases radius (i.e. hitbox) of frags from 2 -> 3
- 302 Bomb Shooter increases pierce of frags from 1 -> 2
- 302 Bomb Shooter increases lifespan of frags from 0.191s -> 0.257s
- Really Big Bombs now deals more damage (2 --> 3). Does not affect Bloon Impact.
- Pierce of Really Big Bombs increased (48 --> 50)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before Version 18.0, the description was "Huge bombs blow up in a large area." but was changed to mention frag crosspathing.
- Between Version 7.0 and Version 21.0, 3-0-0 Really Big Bombs costs $3000 on Medium, but a 2-0-3 Cluster Bombs costs $3100 on Medium in comparison.