|“||Huge bombs deal greater damage in a large area and allow Frags to pop more Bloons.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Really Big Bombs is the third upgrade of Path 1 for the Bomb Shooter in Bloons TD 6. It increases explosion radius by another +50% (from 18 to 27), does extra damage (from 2 to 3), and increases pierce (from 30 to 50).
When crosspathed with Frag Bombs, fragments become much stronger, exploding 12 large powerful fragments instead of 8 ordinary fragments. Each fragment gains +1 pierce (2 pierce), deal 3 damage, last 10% longer and have larger hitboxes.
This upgrade changes the main body's color from black to red, and it loses the second reinforce band. The first reinforce band is now yellow. Its wheels remain dark grey.
The bomb projectiles themselves are now much larger and orange.
Crosspathing changes the appearance of Really Big Bombs cannon depending on the chosen crosspaths. Unlike its preceding upgrades, Really Big Bombs does not become a missile bay if crosspathed with the Missile Launcher upgrade. Path 2 crosspathing adds red fins at the back and white paint along the rim of the barrel. Path 3 crosspathing adds either a yellow target or explosion symbol to the top of the barrel.
Really Big Bombs grants an additional +1 damage, +20 pierce, and +50% blast radius, for 3, 50, and 27 total, respectively.
When given Frag Bombs, the frags drastically improve, dealing 3 damage, with 2 pierce, and the total number increases from 8 to 12. They also last longer, and have larger hitboxes. Fragments last for 0.257s instead of 0.191s, and projectile size of each fragment increases from 2 to 3.
Really Big Bombs targets bloons using the standard targeting priorities. It shoots straight movement projectiles.
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
- Updated as of Version 32.0. Listed prices exclude external buffs, any sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
This upgrade's prices (or included crosspath's prices) are affected by the following MK: Better Sell Deals
Really Big Bombs serves mostly as a stepping stone towards Bloon Impact. It deals increased damage overall and therefore it can be used to reduce stronger non-MOAB-class bloons into weaker groups. Really Big Bombs is usually less favored over alternate options, especially Cluster Bombs, due to the latter being more versatile at cleaning up weaker groups of bloons rather than ripping open tougher layers as Really Big Bombs is designed to do.
Its main niche is to rip open groups of tougher bloon layers into weaker groups. The high damage packed into single large explosions can be used to split large groups of stronger bloons into multiple weaker clumps, where other towers can clean up the groups of weaker bloons spawned out from the parent bloons. Really Big Bombs explosions are quite large, but they are still smaller than the combined blasts of a Cluster Bombs with Bigger Bombs, and Cluster Bombs is more reliable at cleaning up bloons in general.
One notable aspect of Really Big Bombs is that its explosions deal enough damage to Rainbow Bloons such that they do not spawn any Zebra Bloons or Black Bloons, even if the explosions cannot pop Blacks or Zebras. The other noteworthy aspect is the much improved fragments from the 3-0-2 crosspath, the greatly increased damage and fragment counts in particular doing potentially greater damage than 2-0-3 Cluster Bombs when given additional buffs, but slightly more expensive.
- Really Big Bombs is roughly equivalent to Bloon Impact except without the stun benefits. As such, it can be used to wipe out stronger non-MOAB bloons with ease, specifically against Rainbow Bloons where it can bypass the black-immune layers.
- Since Bloon Impact can not pop Black Bloons, multiple Really Big Bombs may be better at pure damage overall if there is already a Bloon Impact on the map for stunning.
- One advantage of Really Big Bombs compared to a 2-0-3 Cluster Bombs is that it can have both the benefits of Path 1 and Path 2, for the larger explosions and the faster attack speed. However, 2-0-3 Cluster Bombs usually performs better overall for a lower price.
- The best crosspath for Really Big Bombs is usually 3-2-0, as this gives it faster attack speed to break down clumps of bloons at a faster rate and catch faster bloon waves more effectively. 3-0-2 improves fragments, producing greater numbers of stronger fragments, which does pack more DPS but is still quite slow in comparison to applying high-damage explosions at a faster rate, and the black-popping power granted by 3-0-2 is currently outclassed by the reliability of 2-0-3 Cluster Bombs.
- Setting a Really Big Bombs on Close around a tight bend may be used to maximize the potential of the bigger explosions, as it can be used as a cheaper version of Ring of Fire that can pop Purples instead of Blacks.
Bug Fixes and General Changes
- Really Big Bombs became the second upgrade in BTD6 to cost $1,200 on Medium, the first being Ultravision and third being Powerful Darts.
- Each explosion from Really Big Bombs has a blast radius approximated as the explosions from the Bomb Tower (before renamed as Bomb Shooter in BMC and BTD6) with Bigger Bombs in Flash versions of Bloons TD 5 Generation games.
- Ironically, the Bigger Bombs explosions in BTD6 each have a blast radius equivalent to the base BTD5 Flash Bomb Tower.