|“||Can re-freeze Bloons that are already frozen.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Re-Freeze is the second upgrade of Path 3 for the Ice Monkey in Bloons TD 6. It allows the Ice Monkey to reapply a new freeze status effect to Frozen Bloons, regardless of what tower caused the freezing.
This upgrade gives the Ice Monkey sunglasses and its gloves are a darker grey.
Re-Freeze produces freezing blasts in a zone-like style. Technically, the Ice Monkey is locked on the Close targeting priority. However, for simplicity reasons, this monkey has no targeting priorities.
- Updated as of Version 32.0. Listed prices exclude external buffs, any sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
This upgrade's prices (or included crosspath's prices) are affected by the following MK: Better Sell Deals
Re-Freeze allows the Ice Monkey to freeze bloons that are already frozen. Giving it extra attack speed allows it to perma-freeze bloons in place, especially useful against Super Ceramics. This is especially so for 0-2-2 Ice Monkeys, which are valuable in the late-game thanks to its very powerful stalling power for an incredibly low cost.
- The value of Re-Freeze comes from re-freezing the same bloon more than once. Because of this, a 0-2-2 Ice Monkey is especially powerful thanks to permastalling a bloon by itself aside from frozen-immune bloons, more specifically Zebra Bloons and White Bloons.
- 0-2-2 Ice Monkeys are excellent choices for stalling Ceramics in place, making it easier for other towers to destroy the Ceramics before they can speed past them. This is because of how much faster the Ice Monkey freezes bloons compared to the freeze durations, thereby almost permastalling the bloons in place. While Enhanced Freeze attacks every 1.8 seconds while applying a freeze time of 1.7 seconds, it should be desirable to upgrade to Deep Freeze to allow freezing for 2.2 seconds.
- One 0-2-2 Ice Monkey is sufficient to solo a Golden Bloon in the earlier rounds.
- One 0-2-2 Ice Monkey costs $1,600 on Hard Difficulty. On C.H.I.M.P.S., it is a useful tower for stalling down ceramic-heavy rounds such as Rounds 63, along with stalling in the fast Super Ceramics.
- Groups of 1-0-2 Ice Monkeys may work at applying Permafrost at all times while perma-freezing the bloons, but it's not as reliable as multiple 0-2-2, as the whole point of Re-Freeze is mostly to perma-freeze and therefore freeze caught bloons for prolonged periods.
- As of version 32.0, upgrading to 0-2-2 is now required to fully perma-freeze without needing attack speed buffs (such as Jungle Drums), as Enhanced Freeze now only freezes just barely short enough that bloons can unfreeze and move a moment before being frozen again.
- Super Brittle requires this upgrade to refresh debuff duration.
- In BTD5 Flash and similar Flash versions of Bloons TD 5 Generation games, Ice Towers automatically allow can refreeze bloons. In Mobile versions (except BTDB Mobile since Version 3.6), Ice Towers cannot refreeze bloons. In BTD6, being able to refreeze bloons is an Ice Monkey upgrade.