|“||Even faster reload.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Rapid Reload is the second upgrade of Path 2 for the Mortar Monkey in BTD6. It increases the attack speed of the Mortar Monkey by around +39%, for around +85% attack speed compared to a normal Mortar Monkey. This allows the Mortar Monkey to attack every 1.08s.
This upgrade changes the Mortar Monkey's artillery mortar base rounded black, and the ends of the handle are now red.
Rapid Reload increases the attack speed of the Mortar Monkey even more than with Faster Reload. With this upgrade, the Mortar Monkey is even more reliable at hitting its needed targets.
- Try adding this upgrade with Bigger Blast to make use of its reliable attack rate. Increased Accuracy is not very helpful for the Mortar unless it's to catch Yellows and Pinks.
- It's worth a note that this upgrade is just as expensive as Burny Stuff. Normally, Burny Stuff is superior over Rapid Reload for the early-game, but this upgrade is much better for the late-game.
- On multi-lane maps such as Dark Castle, adding this to Shattering Shells increases the reliability of micromanaging each blimp to defortify.
- The plain 0-2-0 Rapid Reload can be used as a counter to large groups of Leads for cheap. Micromanagement may be required, but with proper micro it can help assist defenses that otherwise rely on Acidic Mixture Dip as the main source of lead-popping.
- Rapid Reload is the only Mortar Monkey upgrade that has changed from a Tier 1 upgrade to a Tier 2 upgrade in BTD6, although Faster Reload pretty much fulfills the old Rapid Reload's role.