- "Radar Scanner" redirects here. For the BTD5 counterpart, see Radar Scanner (BTD5).
|“||Allows all Monkeys in the radius to attack Camo Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description.|
It costs $1700 on Easy, $2000 on Medium, $2160 on Hard, and $2400 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Radar Scanner is the most reliable form of allowing towers that normally do not detect camo to detect camos. Unlike decamo, such as from Submerge and Support or Shimmer, Radar Scanner has 100% reliability against Camo Bloons, as this upgrade grants nearby towers with full-time camo detection and this form of camo detection doesn't necessarily have to rely on attacks to strip off camo properties.
Generally it is difficult to afford a camo village to deal with early-game Camo Bloons, so other camo detection options are still recommended until you need the village buff.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This upgrade, like in BTD5, is the most reliable form of camo detection to nearby towers. As long as the towers are within range of this Village, they can always detect and damage Camo Bloons.
- In addition, it is able to be crosspathed with other strong upgrades.
- It is possible to afford a 0-2-0 Radar Scanner by Round 24, where the first Camo Bloon appears, but it is usually a poor option on earlier camo rounds due to alternate anti-camo options being a lot cheaper to afford, such as a Ninja Monkey or a Dart Monkey with Enhanced Eyesight.
- If Etienne Level 8+ is on screen, there is no need to buy the Radar Scanner upgrade unless it's to purchase Monkey Intelligence Bureau or its further upgrades. This is because Etienne's Level 8 buff effectively acts as a global Radar Scanner.
- The better crosspath for Radar Scanner depends on the situation, but generally 2-2-0 Radar Scanner is preferred for the greater coverage and Jungle Drums benefits, though pairing two Monkey Commerce villages nearby each other with one as 2-0-2 and the other as 0-2-2 is still a good option.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The icon is a enemy radar scanner used on military ships to track the enemy similar how the radar scanner works, letting other towers detect camo bloons. Unlike BTD5, this upgrade icon also features a Camo Green on top of the radar.
- Compared to BTD5, the cumulative cost of a base Radar Scanner is significantly cheaper to afford in BTD6.
- The XP requirement for Radar Scanner is actually much more than that for Primary Training.