|“||Adds Mega Ballista attack, plus all Primary Monkeys in radius get more popping power and tier 1 and 2 upgrades for free.||”|
|~ BTD6 descrpition|
Primary Expertise is the fifth-tier upgrade of the Monkey Village in Path 1 of BTD6. It allows all Tier 1 and Tier 2 upgrades for Primary Monkeys within its radius to be purchased for free, increases the pierce bonus to Primary Monkeys to +3 instead of +1, itself gains extra influence range (48 to 55), and gives the tower a powerful "Mega Ballista" attack.
The "Mega Ballista" attack fires a magical circular blade which strikes at any range and across barriers, and occasionally adjusts its direction mid-flight to hit more bloons, similar to Glaive Ricochet. Each blade pops 10 layers per hit and pierce through up to 100 regular bloons or 10 MOAB-class Bloons, while it deals 200 damage to Ceramics and MOAB-class Bloons.
It costs $21,250 on Easy, $25,000 on Medium, $27,000 on Hard, and $30,000 on Impoppable.
Primary Expertise is a three-towered fortress-like building with a ballista attached to the top of it.
It grants free Tier-1 and Tier-2 upgrades for all Primary Monkeys in range of the Primary Expertise. All Primary Monkeys within its radius also gain +3 pierce instead of +1 pierce. Other Primary Training and Primary Mentoring benefits, such as +10% range and +5 range on top, ~+15% projectile speed, and -10% ability cooldowns, are inherited by the Primary Expertise. Besides providing extra bonuses to nearby Primary Monkeys, Primary Expertise can now attack.
Primary Expertise's attack is much different from the High Energy Beacon from BTD5. Instead of a continuous energy beam, the Primary Expertise shoots a magical circular blade every 3.0s that strikes at any range and across barriers, and occasionally adjusts its direction mid-flight to hit more bloons, similar to Glaive Ricochet. Each blade pops 10 layers per hit and pierce through up to 100 regular bloons or 10 MOAB-class Bloons, while it deals 200 damage to Ceramics and MOAB-class Bloons.
Do note that while the attack detects camo, the tower itself does not and so the Advanced Intel upgrade does not detect camo bloons in the Primary Expertise's radius, unless the Primary Expertise has the Radar Scanner crosspath.
Primary Expertise again further improves its buffs for nearby Primary Monkeys. With the free upgrades portion of this upgrade, this benefit is best combined with the more expensive low tier upgrades for the Bomb Shooter and Glue Gunner. However, the other buff of +3 pierce and itself having greater influence range are both what defines this tower the most, and the mega ballista attack can be useful as a mini cleanup attack.
- There is a unique synergy between this upgrade and the Inferno Ring, as it buffs the Inferno Ring's fireball attack to attack 4x as many bloons, due to the fireball initially only have 1 pierce.
- It is extremely cost effective to combine this tower with MOAB Maulers, as only the third tier upgrade will cost money. It can also support them by making supporting Glue Gunners and Ice Monkeys cost less.
- Usually, the better crosspath for Primary Expertise is 5-2-0, for the camo detection via Radar Scanner, as the discount benefits of Path 3 are not very effective in combination with Primary Monkeys. This in no way means 5-0-2 is a bad crosspath, however, as it can be useful in situations where discounting more expensive towers nearby are needed.
- Primary Expertise can be buffed by Alchemist which can be useful if more range is needed. As with all Monkey Villages, adding a second village nearby will also increase its range, though Primary Expertise can also benefit from the other Village's Jungle Drums as well.
- The most expensive upgrade that can become free with this tower is the Glue Splatter, saving up to $2,160 on Impoppable for the upgrade alone.
- The Mega Ballista attack is similar to the High Energy Beacon's lasers from BTD5, as it grants the Monkey Village with an attack, where in other cases it lacks any direct attack.
- This can solo 4 ZOMGs and 20 DDTs (Tested in Logs on Hard Difficulty Sandbox Mode)
- In Version 17.0, there was a bug where the Primary Mentoring's +5 range buff and -10% ability cooldown buff did not apply to Primary Expertise. This was fixed in Version 17.1.
- Primary Expertise can solo on Logs Easy up to Round 92, when placed carefully. This was shown on ISAB's video on One Village Only as shown here.
- Before Version 18.0, the old description was "All Primary Monkeys in radius get tier 1 AND 2 upgrades for free. Gains Mega Ballista attack." but has since been changed to prioritize the presentation of adding an extra "Mega Ballista" attack to the Village.
- This tower will not benefit from its own Jungle Drums, but placing another 2-0-0 Monkey Village beside it will grant the attack speed boost.