|“||Automatically triggers MOAB Assassin effect whenever MOAB-Class Bloon spawns from the Bloon entrance.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Pre-Emptive Strike is the final upgrade for Path 2 for the Monkey Sub in Bloons Tower Defense 6. It automatically triggers a MOAB Assassin-esque effect whenever a M.O.A.B-Class Bloon spawns from the entrance, dealing 700 damage. In addition, its First Strike ability cooldown is reduced from 60 seconds to 45, and its Ballistic Missile attack deals 11 damage (from 6 damage) to Ceramics and MOAB-class per missile, shot every 0.5 seconds instead of every 1.5 seconds. It costs $27,200 on Easy, $32,000 on Medium, $34,560 on Hard, $38,400 on Impoppable.
- Each missile deals 700 damage, enough to destroy the outer layer of a M.O.A.B, a D.D.T and a B.F.B. Note that it leaves the children unharmed.
- The triggered special missiles can be fired at an infinite fire rate, always shooting a missile at every M.O.A.B-Class Bloon that spawns from the entrance.
- Note that Pre-Emptive Strike will not be able to fully pop Fortified DDTs on Round 99, since every round after Round 80+ adds around +2% bonus health to all MOAB-class bloons per round, enough for a Fortified DDT to survive the triggered special missile blasts.
- Regardless of camo detection, Pre-Emptive Strike will still shoot triggered special missiles to DDTs that come from the entrance.
Missile fire rate increased (2 sec. → 0.5 sec.)
Price reduced ($40,000 → $35,000)
First Strike Capability ability missile deals less damage (16700 --> 10000)
- Pre-Emptive Strike price reduced from $35,000 to $32,000
- Pre-Emptive Strike ability cooldown reduced from 60 sec to 45
- This upgrade is one of four x/5/x upgrades to keep the same ability as the preceding upgrade, the others being the Druid, Spike Factory and the Heli Pilot.
- This upgrade is one of the few Tier 5 upgrades to have multiple appearances from crosspathing. It will have a second gun if there are any upgrades on the bottom path.
- This, Carpet of Spikes, Bomb Blitz, Elite Defender, Legend of the Night and Commanche Defense are the only upgrades that have automatic abilities. (Pre-Emptive Strike with its triggered missiles, Carpet of Spikes with its periodical Spike Storms, Bomb Blitz with its global destruction when bloons leaked, Elite Defender with its x4 attack speed when bloons leaked, Legend of the Night with its black hole, and Commanche Defense calling backup Comanches)