|“||Darts move faster and can pop 3 bloons each.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Powerful Darts is the second upgrade of Path 3 for the Dartling Gunner in BTD6. It increases projectile speed of the Dartling Gunner's projectiles by ~+50% and increases pierce from 1 to 3. Pierce for most Tier 3 crosspaths and above is roughly +50% more pierce overall.
It costs $1,020 on Easy, $1,200 on Medium, $1,295 on Hard, and $1,440 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Powerful Darts allows the Dartling Gunner's darts to reach its located target sooner by increasing its projectile speed. Additionally, the benefit of additional pierce makes the Dartling Gunner much stronger against the middle early-game. The combination of these two benefits for the Dartling Gunner make this tower become highly effective as a solo early-game option.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Powerful Darts is an effective early-game solo option, as it helps tackle the lower Dartling Gunner's main weaknesses against early-game grouped bloons.
- Compared with other early-game solo towers at similar price points, especially 2-0-2 Airburst Darts or 3-0-1 Double Shot Ninja, a 1-0-2 Powerful Darts has much longer range, is excellent along straight lines, but it has no camo potential.
- There is a special crosspath benefit with Powerful Darts and Hydra Rocket Pods by adding +1 explosion and +2 pierce for the explosions. Likewise, there is a special crosspath for Plasma Accelerator and Ray of Doom that adds +25 pierce instead of +2 pierce, though for the latter it's very insignificant.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- 22.0 (Dartling Gunner update)
- Cost of Powerful Darts increased ($600 --> $1200)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Powerful Darts costs twice as much in BTD6 compared to in previous generation games.
- This upgrade and Ray of Doom are the only returning Dartling Gunner upgrades to change tier between BTD5 and BTD6.