|“||Pop and Awe Ability: Rains explosions over the whole screen, popping and immobilizing all bloons for a few seconds.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Pop and Awe is the final upgrade of Path 2 for the Mortar Monkey in BTD6. It grants the Mortar Monkey an ability to stun bloons and blimps, excluding BADs, at 1-second intervals 10 times, only moving for very short time in between. During the ability, all bloons are damaged at a rate of 10 damage per second. Cooldown is 60 seconds.
It costs $25,500 on Easy, $30,000 on Medium, $32,400 on Hard, and $36,000 on Impoppable.
Pop and Awe has a commander look to it, with a monkey saluting as the mortar shells get shot. The three mortars are now displayed in a line instead of a triangle position. The two lines on the mortars also look a lot bigger and sightly brighter compared to the Artillery Battery. The monkey does not have many changes, however, as only his hat is now white and the super thin yellow rim on the Artillery Battery's sleeves is gone.
- When paired with Striker Jones, Pop and Awe makes an excellent global stun tower. Not only will Pop and Awe stun for more than the original ability stun (from BTD5's Artillery Battery), this will also cause MOAB-class bloons to be stunned for much longer than 10 seconds, which is very useful in dire emergencies.
Version History (BTD6)Edit
- Pop and Awe ability damage increased (2 -> 10)
- Pop and Awe damage per second during ability increased from 10 to 20
- Pop and Awe cost reduced ($33k --> $30k)
- This upgrade is currently the second Tier 5 upgrade that grants an ability, after Special Poperations.
- The animation of Pop and Awe ability is the same animation as the Bomb Blitz ability.
- The ability activation sound effect is a high-pitched bleep sound (alongside explosive shell sounds), possibly to denote the pressing of a handheld radio button.