|“||Place almost any land tower on water with the Pontoon! Deploy the Pontoon on water, then place your land tower on top.||”|
|~ Official BTD5 and BTD6 Description|
The Pontoon is a Special Agent that was released on May 17, 2012 on Bloons TD 5, and also appears in Bloons TD 6. It allows all land towers to be placed on water and costs 40. It costs 50 in BTD6.
The Pontoon Pro gives towers a range boost. Players need 50 Pontoons to unlock it, which costs 2,000.
- In BTD5 Mobile, a Banana Farm can not fit on a pontoon, due to its large footprint.
- This is one of the cheapest Special Agents (the others being Portable Lake and Monkey Farmer) costing 40.
- This is one of the few Special Agents that never attacks.
- The Pontoon is not sacrificed by the Temple of the Monkey God. It will also collapse and destroy itself if a TotMG is built on to of it, also collapsing the Temple as well.
- Some say that the Portable Lake is better because the Portable Lake is helpful on many tracks while the Pontoon is helpful on three tracks (Archipelago, Dockside, and Ice Flow, as well as Challenger Deep and Benguela in Mobile) but others would debate that Portable Lakes are only for the use of Monkey Buccaneers and/or Monkey Sub, making them virtually useless.
- It is possible to place a Pontoon on a Portable Lake but this is worthless and wastes 80.
- The art of the Pontoon has an inflatable tube underneath the Pontoon (probably because the Pontoon doesn't have enough buoyancy on its own to carry towers).
- Strangely, the Pontoon has a pop count, despite the fact that it cannot attack.
- In BTD6, selling a Pontoon or Portable Lake will also sell the towers on top of them.