|“||Plasma vaporizes everything it touches!||”|
|~ BTD3 and BTD5 descriptions|
|“||Plasma shoots twice as fast and vaporizes everything it touches!||”|
|~ BTD4 descrpition|
Plasma Vision is the 2nd upgrade of Path 1 for the Super Monkey in BTD5. It makes the Super Monkey shoot plasma balls instead of lasers that can pop any type of bloon, as well as increasing the number of bloons it can pop. This upgrade returns in BTD6 as Plasma Blasts.
It costs $4250 on Easy, $5000 on Medium, $5400 on Hard, and $6000 on Impoppable.
- In Mobile versions, it is not as good against MOAB-class bloons compared to Laser Vision unless Robo Monkey is bought, since it shoots slower and doesn't deal that +1 damage to MOAB-class bloons.
- Plasma Vision is a very useful upgrade in the Flash version because it shoots even faster than Laser Vision and can pop more bloons per projectile.
- A Super Monkey with Plasma Vision is better at taking down non M.O.A.B. Class Bloons than a Robo Monkey with no Path 1 upgrades.
- A Robo Monkey with Plasma Vision can fire 2 Plasma streams, with a higher popping power of 5 for each arm compared to the 3 of this tower.
- In BTD3, this upgrade doesn't change how the Super Monkey looks. In BTD4 and later versions however, it'll give the Super Monkey a purple cape and goggles, possibly to prevent copyright problems.
- In Co-op Mode in BTD5, Plasma Vision used to be nerfed and it shoots slower, but pops twice as much bloons; this was mostly based on computer performance.
- On BTD Battles, this tower (and by extention the Robo Monkey) is affected by lag, and can in some cases shoot at half speed. While on BTD5 (and Deluxe), it is a solid beam of plasma.
- On Bloons TD 5 Mobile, and Bloons TD Battles Mobile, this tower shoots slower than double the speed of lasers. This is noticable when comparing its firing speed to the Robo Monkey, the gap between each projectile is larger.
- In Bloons Monkey City, the artwork shows the "B" from the chest in a mirror-like view.
- In BTD3 and BTD4, Plasma Vision cost the same as the Super Monkey without upgrades.