|“||Elite membership of this club grants the Dart Monkeys even more power.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 6 Description|
Plasma Monkey Fan Club is the final upgrade of Path 2 for the Dart Monkey in Bloons TD 6. Its special ability turns up to 20 Dart Monkeys on the map into Plasma Monkeys for 15 seconds with a cooldown of 50 seconds. Each Plasma Monkey attacks every 0.03 seconds with a 2 damage and 5 pierce plasma blast with 40 range. These Plasma Monkeys inherit crosspaths and other buffs.
Like many other ability towers, Plasma Monkey Fan Club serves as a powerful one shot ability that can demolish every round if timed correctly, in this case late game rounds. Its largest weakness, if not using income towers to cruise through it, is before affording the upgrade itself, as it has a large price tag. A more glaring weakness is the short uptime and extremely weak attack power of the tower when the ability is not active. As such, it is recommended to pair Plasma Monkey Fan Club with Sun Avatar, Ground Zero or another good supporting tower to help carry midgame while helping to cover the downtime. In addition, for convenience, it is good to use a stalling strategy so the ability can reliably recharge.
- Plasma Monkey Fan Club pairs best with Gwendolin, as her global damage and pierce Firestorm buff is able to buff all transformed Dart Monkeys on screen. Gwendolin is also excellent in the midgame.
- It is recommended to use 220 Dart Monkeys to transform to Plasma Monkeys as the extra pierce is notable.
- However, 022 Darts are not too bad as well if range or camo detection is required on the transforming Dart Monkey.
- Primary Expertise is a powerful support tower to pair with Plasma Monkey Fan Club; all its buffs help the tower to function better.
- Reduced ability cooldowns help to make the ability not be as punishing, the range and pierce are both useful buffs and the free upgrades help conserve a little extra money.
Version History (BTD6)Edit
Plasma Monkey Fan Club ability no longer stacks with Total Transformation
Plasma Monkey Fan Clubs now affect fewer Dart Monkeys (40 --> 20)
Plasma Monkey Fan Club affected Dart Monkeys now have +1 damage (1 --> 2)
- Before Version 11.0, Plasma Monkey Fan Club could be combined with Total Transformation to stack attack speed boosts for absolutely extreme DPS (every 0.009s, essentially 1089x shots per second instead of 33x shots per second). Similar could be done with Super Monkey Fan Club, except this bonus is lowered to every 0.018s or 544x shots per second, though that interaction was removed as of Version 12.0.
- This upgrade alone is the most expensive upgrade compared to the base cost of the tower itself. Specifically, the Plasma Monkey Fan Club upgrade is 250x more expensive than the $200 base cost of the Dart Monkey.