|“||Elite membership of this club grants the Dart Monkeys even more power!||”|
|~ Bloons TD 6 Description|
Plasma Monkey Fan Club is the Tier 5 upgrade of Path 2 for the Dart Monkey in Bloons TD 6. Its special ability transforms up to 20 Dart Monkeys on the map into rapidly firing Plasma Blast Super Monkeys for 15 seconds with a cooldown of 50 seconds. During the ability, transformed Dart Monkeys attacks every 0.03 seconds with a 2 damage and 5 pierce plasma blast with 40 range. Transformed Dart Monkeys inherit crosspaths and other buffs.
The Plasma Monkey Fan Club turns the dart monkey into an Elite version of the Super Monkey Fan Club, with a black "B" jersey, red undershirt and underpants, as well as triple plasma goggles characteristic of those found on the larger Plasma Blasts Super Monkey. The transformed monkeys appear identical to a 2-0-0 Plasma Monkey, save for the reduced footprint and quickly fading plasma projectiles (which are also smaller versions of the Plasma Super Monkey projectiles). Both the Plasma Monkey and its transforms have the same footprint as a dart monkey, taking up considerably less space than a Plasma Monkey. The idle animations are the same as the base dart monkey, however, upon activating the ability, transformed monkeys will strike a superhero pose with hands at their hips as an idle animation. The tier-2 Crosspaths have no effect on the appearance or animations of the Plasma Monkey Fan Club or its transforms.
The upgrade icon shows the Plasma Monkey Fan Club closing his arms.
This page is currently under construction. Please bear with us while our editors improve the page.
The Plasma Monkey Fan Club will transform the 20 nearest dart monkeys into mini-plasma super monkeys according to the following rules.
- No more than 20 dart monkeys will be transformed (21 including the Plasma Monkey Fan Club himself).
- Only dart monkeys below tier-3 on path 1 and 3 can be transformed.
- Any dart monkey crosspathing path 2 can be transformed.
- Upgrading a tier-2 dart monkey to Crossbow or Spike-a-Pult while it is transformed, will untransform that dart monkey into the respective tier-3 tower.
- The Plasma Monkey transformation will always override the Super Monkey Fan Club Transformation, unless the Super Monkey Fan Club ability is activated by a dart monkey which has already been transformed. In that case, only the one super monkey fan club dart monkey will transform from a plasma dart monkey to a super dart monkey.
- The transformation will not affect tier-3 or below dart monkeys who have already been transformed into attack monsters by the Alchemist's Total Transformation upgrade. However, if those dart monkeys are in their normal state, and the plasma monkey transformation is applied first, then the Total transformation ability will not override the Plasma Monkey Fan Club. Either way, the abilities will not stack.
The Long Range Darts upgrade has no effect on the transformed dart monkeys. All other crosspaths provide some sort of buff to the dart monkeys in their transformed state. Enhanced Eyesight increases range, Sharp Shots and Razor Sharp Shots increase pierce, and path 2 upgrades increase rate of fire and damage.
Other Notable Interactions
For a full list of all standard tower Interactions, click here.
The Plasma Monkey Fan Club and its Plasma Dart Monkeys follow all standard tower interactions and inherit all applicable buffs with a few notable points.
- When using the Door Gunner monkey knowledge on a transformable dart monkey, the ability will actually use the distance to the Special Poperations to calculate if it is nearer than other dart monkeys.
- There is severely limited interaction with Total Transformation as discussed above.
Like many other ability towers, Plasma Monkey Fan Club serves as a powerful one shot ability that can perform really well even on late game rounds. A glaring weakness, if not using income towers to cruise through it, is before affording the upgrade itself, as it has a large price tag. Its largest weakness, is the short uptime and extremely weak attack power of the tower when the ability is not active. As such, it is recommended to pair Plasma Monkey Fan Club with Sun Avatar, Ground Zero or another good supporting tower to help carry mid-game that also helps to cover the downtime during late-game. In addition, for convenience, it is good to use a stalling strategy so the ability can reliably recharge.
- Plasma Monkey Fan Club pairs extremely well with Gwendolin, as her global damage and pierce Firestorm buff is able to buff all transformed Dart Monkeys on screen. Gwendolin is also excellent in the midgame.
- It is recommended to use 2-2-0 Dart Monkeys to transform to Plasma Monkeys as the extra pierce and speed are very helpful.
- However, 0-2-2 and 2-0-2 Darts can be considered if range or camo detection is required on the transforming Dart Monkey.
- Primary Expertise is a powerful support tower to pair with Plasma Monkey Fan Club. Even Primary Mentoring is an effective option.
- Reduced ability cooldowns help to make the ability not be as punishing, the range and pierce are both useful buffs and the free upgrades help conserve a little extra money.
- Having a 5-0-2 Monkey Village may not be a bad idea, as it improves further on the Tier 4 buffs. However, this combo is very expensive unless having effective farms. It is often better to stick to 4-0-2, or 4-2-0 with 2-2-0 Darts.
- Note that the transformation buff has infinite range, so the player could place the PMFC tower on one of end of the track and a 0-0-0 dart monkey on the other side for example and the PMFC tower would still transform that 0-0-0 Dart Monkey. This can be useful on maps that have multiple exits, especially on rounds that have bloons coming from multiple entrances, as the transformation would allow the dart Monkeys to transform on difficult rounds from very far away from each other.
When activated Plasma Monkey Fan Club Ability:
- [Crowd cheering]
- When taking into account upgrade prices versus base cost, Plasma Monkey Fan Club has the greatest cost difference compared to the base tower's cost, specifically 180x more expensive than the base Dart Monkey. Inferno Ring and Super Mines both come close, at both 162.5x.
- Before Version 11.0, Plasma Monkey Fan Club could be combined with Total Transformation to stack attack speed boosts for absolutely extreme DPS (every 0.009s, essentially 1089x shots per second instead of 33x shots per second). Similar could be done with Super Monkey Fan Club, although at half the attack speed, removed one update later on Version 12.0.
- This is the only upgrade that takes inspiration from upgrades that are already in the game. More specifically, not only does it copy Super Monkeys, but it also has the Plasma Blast upgrade for Super Monkey's Top path