|“||Plasma vaporizes almost everything it touches!||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Plasma Blasts returns is the 2nd upgrade of Path 1 for the Super Monkey in BTD6. Just like the old Plasma Vision upgrade from earlier games and its BTD5 counterpart, Plasma Blasts makes the Super Monkey shoot plasma balls instead of lasers, but neither this upgrade nor its predecessor Laser Blasts upgrade can pop Purple Bloons without special upgrades. Plasma Blasts shoot at double attack speed and have 3 pierce (+1 more pierce than Laser Blasts). Just like in previous versions, Plasma Blasts allows the Super Monkey to pop Lead with the plasma damage type but it now also prevents the Super Monkey from popping Purple.
It costs $3,825 on Easy, $4,500 on Medium, $4,860 on Hard, and $5,400 on Impoppable.
Plasma Blasts adds a pair of large plasma goggles, covering much of Super Monkey's forehead. It has three "eyes", with third eye where his forehead would be. In the official artwork, the Plasma Blasts Super Monkey still smiles.
Plasma Blasts dramatically increases the overall performance of the Super Monkey with its double attack speed and extra pierce. It is capable of dealing overall large damage versus bloons and MOABs. It is undeniably the most favorable crosspath choice for Super Monkey upgrades along Upper Path 2 (Robo Monkey and above) and Upper Path 3 (Dark Knight and above), unless for camo detection (Upper Path 2) or extra Darkshift range for Dark Knight (note that Dark Champion already has infinite Darkshift range).
- Always buy this upgrade whenever possible, because the +100% attack speed bonus for an already fast-attacking Super Monkey is incredibly useful for pretty much any upgrade, including further upgrades after Plasma Blasts, such as Sun Avatar.
- As with Laser Blasts, if there are Purples, be cautious about it. Add anti-Purple support like Bloonjitsu or Alchemists.
- A Robo Monkey with Plasma Vision can fire 2 plasma streams, with a higher popping power of 8 for each arm.
- With the introduction of the Purple Bloon in Bloons TD 6, the Plasma Vision info was changed from "Plasma vaporizes everything it touches" to "Plasma vaporizes almost everything it touches."
- Paul the Monkey from the "DNA Productions" logo has three eyes arranged similarly to the plasma goggles pattern of Plasma Blasts.