|“||Can shoot 3 grappling hooks at once, and plunder extra cash from each MOAB-Class Bloon brought down with them.||”|
|~ BTD6 descripton|
Pirate Lord is the final upgrade in Path 2 for the Monkey Buccaneer in Bloons TD 6. The base attacks like darts, grapes and bombs now attack twice as fast. It grants an ability that allows the Buccaneer to pull down up to 3 MOAB Class Bloons, including ZOMGs (although 2 hooks are required), but not BADs. The player receives twice the amount of cash for each blimp pulled ($762 for MOABs and DDTs, $3048 for BFBs, $12,193 for ZOMGs, refer to the money table for further information on income per-pop penalties).
In addition, the Pirate Lord ability has no initial cooldown, allowing its ability to be immediately usable upon upgrading (provided Monkey Pirates ability is not on cooldown besides initial cooldown). Cooldown for the ability upon activation is 30 seconds (nearly half the cooldown compared to Monkey Pirates).
This upgrade costs $17,850 on Easy, $21,000 on Medium, $22,680 on Hard, and $25,200 on Impoppable.
Pirate Lord AbilityEdit
Pirate Lord Ability is the Special Ability for the Pirate Lord upgrade, an upgrade for the Monkey Buccaneer. It takes hold of up to three of the strongest MOAB-Class Bloon on the screen with a harpoon and destroys it completely (including its children). Most blimps require one hook to pull in, but ZOMGs require two hooks. BADs are fully immune to this ability. The player is rewarded double the equivalent amount of money as if the whole blimp was destroyed in its individual parts. Adding Monkey Town adds +50% more income per dollar earned, and it can be enhanced further to +60% with Monkey City. Adding the Alchemist's Rubber to Gold does work on MOAB-class bloons, allowing a profit of 3x as much cash if the hooked blimp(s) was affected, for 6x profit overall.
In general, the player earns $762 for MOABs and DDTs hooked in this manner, $3048 for BFBs, and $12,193 for ZOMGs. But, due to per-pop income penalties, the cash reward decreases at certain rounds. The following is a table of cash earnings for hooking in blimps at certain rounds:
- Z.O.M.G.s require 2 hooks of the Pirate Lord's hooks to be pulled. If there are other M.O.A.B. Class Bloons present, Z.O.M.G.s will be prioritized.
- D.D.T.s can be pulled without the Crow's Nest upgrade. They are prioritized over B.F.B.s and M.O.A.B.s.
- Alchemist's Rubber to Gold upgrade will increase the cash earned by the Pirate Lord's pulling ability, assuming that MOAB-Class Bloons are turned into gold.
- Place the Pirate Lord in the range of a 4+-x-x Sub to at least decrease its ability cooldown by 15%. (50% with Energizer)
- While Crow's Nest gives the main attacks the ability to pop all bloons, Faster Shooting and Double Shot are still useful to increase the power of the Pirate Lord too. In practice though, the Pirate Lord will probably be used for his ability, and not his firepower so this rarely matters.
- Pirate Lord gives surprising amounts of money from the hooks, but generally this is still an unreliable source of income.
- If primarily used for its main attacks, it's better off going for 2-5-0 Pirate Lord rather than 0-5-2 Pirate Lord, because it will shoot twice as many hot grapes per shot and it can shoot its highly damaging three-bomb sprays much faster.
Version History (BTD6)Edit
Pirate Lord now has more hooks per ability (2 --> 3)
Cash popup from activating MOAB Takedown abilities of Monkey Pirates and Pirate Lord is displayed above the tower.
- Bomb attack damage increased from 1 to 2
- Pirate Lord now shoots 3 bombs per shot instead of 1.
- There used to be a bug where the Pirate Lord only pulls down 2 M.O.A.B. Class Bloons, probably due Ninja Kiwi not yet figuring out the complicated ZOMG-pulling algorithm. This was fixed on Version 1.7.
- The increase attack speed seems random, but it might be a reference to Battleship from BTD4 while giving more incentive to upgrade the tower besides a better ability.
- After Version 8.0, when all farming-only abilities (including Tier 5 upgrades in this case) are required to undergo a full initial cooldown duration, the Pirate Lord ability is one of four abilities that, when bought, has the cooldown up immediately. The others are Total Transformation, MOAB Eliminator, and Absolute Zero.
- In Version 17.0, the three-bomb buff now matches the actual tower graphics and the official artwork of the Monkey Pirates, which always had three rows of cannons per side.
- Even though Version 19.0 added a separate money counter for almost all towers, it has not been yet implemented for Lead to Gold, Rubber to Gold, Monkey Town (and by extent Monkey City), Pirate Lord, Support Chinook (and by extent Special Poperations), and Jungle's Bounty. It has yet to be fully implemented for Spirit of the Forest (ability only), and Sun Temple and True Sun God / Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey with Support sacrifices.