|“||Berserker brew becomes PERMANENT on Monkeys who drink it.||”|
Permanent Brew (sometimes referred to as Permabrew, or shortened to "pbrew") is the final upgrade of Path 1 for the Alchemist. It enhances the duration of all of its buff potions, the Stronger Stimulant potion and Acidic Mixture Dip potion, to last indefinitely instead of the original usage duration of 40 and 10 shots per applied potion respectively, provided that the Permanent Brew Alchemist is not sold or sacrificed.
The buffs are given separately from each other. The exact buffs given are +1 damage, +3 pierce, +17.6% attack speed, +15% range from the Stronger Stimulant buff, and +1 damage to Ceramic and MOAB-class bloons plus granting lead-popping power from Acidic Mixture Dip.
It costs $51,000 on Easy, $60,000 on Medium, $64,800 on Hard, and $72,000 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
While most strategies will settle for a lower tier Alchemist or other cheaper buff, Permanent Brew provides an extremely strong buff but at an extreme cost. In CHIMPS, this means that it tends be difficult to afford, but usable if planned out with an extremely greedy strategy. Outside of CHIMPS, it is much more accessible and good to add to your defense if you have a tower that receives buffs well, as its damage buff is unique and comes with pierce and attack speed buffs and can come in useful.
For further evaluations on what towers pair best with Alchemist brews, see Alchemist Brewing Strategy.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Post Round 81, the appearance of superceramics mean that it effectively acts as a +2 damage buff when both buffs are applied. In addition, it is frequently used as an MIB in strategies which use it.
- Note that the Acid buff does not grant towers with the ability to pop Frozen Bloons.
- Pair it with good towers that benefit highly by increased damage, increased attack speed, and increased pierce. Permanent Brew sees most use with Sun Avatar due to its ability to save up to it. On easier maps, The Tack Zone is also one of the better towers that can save up to Permanent Brew. Hero choice is important because using Pat or Obyn will lengthen the amount of time the towers mentioned aboved can solo until Permanent Brew.
- Since selling Permanent Brew will destroy the Permanent Brew effect, the Permanent Brew Alchemist can be moved by Support Chinook, allowing the Alchemist to be placed anywhere on the map to provide even more towers the Permanent Brew effect than just the towers currently in range.
- In the absence of a Support Chinook, it is possible to brew more than the towers within range of the Permanent Brew by using Dark Knights and Dark Champions instead of other towers. This is because the entire Tier 3+ Path 3 Super Monkey path is capable of teleportation around the map, allowing themselves to move out of the buffing area to make space for other towers.
- Likewise, Permanent Brew is able to buff more towers than within its immediate range on Geared, the only map where towers always move around each round.
- The better crosspath for Permanent Brew usually doesn't matter, as the brews last infinitely anyway. The crosspath of choice usually depends on the needs for the Stronger Stimulant upgrade. But as a standalone tower, the Faster Throwing crosspath is better, to indefinitely buff towers at a faster rate.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Permanent Brew effects can now be saved across save files.
Permanent Brew cost decreased ($80k --> $60k)
Permanent Brew's Acidic Mixture Dips now last indefinitely
Effects of the Permanent Brew don't usually disappear when reloading a save.
No longer breaks in some cases when being sold.
Alchemist buffs no longer affect sub-towers (i.e. Comanche Commander mini-Comanches, Aircraft Carrier planes, etc.)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Permanent Brew is the only upgrade whose name contains the word "Permanent". Other upgrades, such as Permafrost, Perma Charge, and Perma-Spike, all simply contain "Perma-" but not "Permanent".
- There was a bug where Stronger Stimulant would visually give more range than Perma-Brew, making the Perma-Brew buff seemingly weaker. This was fixed in update 6.0.
- Permanent Brew is possibly based on Beer as Alchemist holds a wooden mug(s) used for drinking beer.