|“||Berserker brew becomes PERMANENT on Monkeys who drink it.||”|
Permanent Brew (sometimes referred to as Permabrew) is the final upgrade of Path 1 for the Alchemist. It allows all potions affected by the Permanent Brew Alchemist to last indefinitely if the tower is not sold or sacrificed to any temple. In addition, all potion effects (Stronger Stimulant stimulant potion and Acidic Mixture Dip potion) are applied to affected towers as well. It costs $51,000 on Easy, $60,000 on Medium, $64,800 on Hard, and $72,000 on Impoppable.
- The only way for the Berserker Brew potion effect to become useful for high attack speed towers is to use Permanent Brew, since the Version 6.0 Berserker Brew and Stronger Stimulant nerfs have caused high attack speed towers consume potions too fast.
- Being affordable reasonably late-game, Permanent Brew makes a good choice when paired with good towers that benefit highly by increased damage, increased attack speed, and increased pierce, specifically towers such as Super Monkeys, Comanche Commander, Archmage, Grandmaster Ninja, and Captain Churchill with Level 5+.
- Since selling Permanent Brew will destroy the Permanent Brew effect, the Permanent Brew Alchemist can be moved by Support Chinook, allowing the Alchemist to be placed anywhere on the map provide even more towers the Permanent Brew effect than just the towers currently in range.
Permanent Brew effects can now be saved across save files.
Permanent Brew cost decreased ($80k --> $60k)
Permanent Brew's Acidic Mixture Dips now last indefinitely
Effects of the Permanent Brew don't usually disappear when reloading a save.
No longer breaks in some cases when being sold.
- Permanent Brew is the only upgrade whose name contains the word "Permanent". Other upgrades, such as Permafrost, Perma Charge, and Perma-Spike, all simply contain "Perma-" but not "Permanent".
- There was a bug where Stronger Stimulant would visually give more range than Perma-Brew, making the Perma-Brew buff seemingly weaker. This was fixed in update 6.0.