|“||Perma Charge has a permanent super fast attack speed. Ability increases the lethality even more.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Perma Charge is the final upgrade in Path 2 for the Boomerang Monkey in BTD6. It buffs the tower to attack permanently with the stats of Turbo Charge's activated ability but with an additional +2 damage, alongside a new activated ability that increases damage by +8 for 15 seconds. The cooldown is also decreased from 45 seconds to 40 seconds. It costs $29,750 on Easy, $35,000 on Medium, $37,800 on Hard, and $42,000 on Impoppable.
Perma Charge is a very good tower due to the recent buff making it a very powerful ability. Combined with Monkey Intelligence Bureau and Overclock, it creates a force to be reckoned with. Freeplay does not offer it much because it does not have any status properties and is not strong enough. It can certainly be harder to use than some other towers due to its status as an ability, synergy with another ability, Overclock and unique projectile movement, but is certainly not an option to look over.
- On most occasions, it is better to get a 2-5-0 Perma Charge rather than a 0-5-2 Perma Charge, due to how Glaives provides both extra pierce and attack speed, which generally far outweighs the extra damage at a lesser attack speed with little pierce.
- Perma Charge should be placed around a loop where the arced boomerangs can optimize its attacks.
Ability now has increased damage (+4 → +8).
Cooldown reduced (45 seconds → 40 seconds)
- Perma Charge ability speed multiplier increased from x5 to x7
- Perma Charge base damage increased from 2 to 4
- Perma Charge with Red Hot Rangs now (correctly) deals +1 damage to bloons.
- There was once a bug where Perma Charge with Red Hot Rangs after Version 7.0 did not deal +1 damage. This was discovered most notably in Version 11.0, but was likely present since the Version 7.0 Red Hot Rangs damage buff. In Version 12.0, Perma Charge with Red Hot Rangs now correctly deals +1 damage to bloons.