|“||Perma Charge has a permanent super fast attack speed. Ability increases the lethality even more.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Perma Charge is the final upgrade in Path 2 for the Boomerang Monkey in BTD6. It buffs the tower to attack permanently with the stats of Turbo Charge's activated ability but with an additional +2 damage, alongside a new activated ability that increases damage by +8 for 15 seconds. The cooldown is also decreased from 45 seconds to 40 seconds. Additionally, there is a special interaction with Red Hot Rangs that grants +4 damage instead of +1 damage, giving the 0-5-2 crosspath with 8 damage per boomerang instead of 4.
It costs $29,750 on Easy, $35,000 on Medium, $37,800 on Hard, and $42,000 on Impoppable.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Perma Charge is one of the most well-rounded towers in the game. It offers a high amount of DPS while being at a great pricepoint. It is also extremely versatile, still demolishing dense and DDT rounds alike without needing a specific hero or buff (except possibly Monkey Village). As such, it features as a prominent DPS tower in many strategies.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A 2-5-0 Perma Charge provides both extra pierce and attack speed, both of which help immensely with tightly packed groups and rushes. However, the damage bonus from the Red Hot Rangs crosspath is increased from +1 to +4, which means each Perma Charge boomerang will deal up to 8 damage each (or 16 damage with the ability active). This essentially doubles the damage of the base attack and makes the tower better against smaller groups of tough bloons, such as ZOMGs and BADs. Also, a 0-5-2 does not require a Monkey Intelligence Bureau to destroy DDTs, as long as it has camo detection. This can be useful in certain challenges.
- Perma Charge should be placed around a loop where the arced boomerangs can optimize its attacks.
- It is often worth to get a Primary Mentoring Village (4xx Village) for the Perma Charge. Primary Mentoring will help reduce the ability cooldown and increase its range, and also give it +1 pierce from the Primary Training benefit.
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Ability now has increased damage (+4 → +8).
- Perma Charge cooldown reduced (45s → 40s)
- Perma Charge ability speed multiplier increased from x5 to x7
- Perma Charge base damage increased from 2 to 4
- Perma Charge with Red Hot Rangs now (correctly) deals +1 damage to bloons.
- 052 Red Hot Rangs bonus to Permacharge increased from +1 to +4. This increases the base 052 Boomerang damage from 5 to 8.
- 250 Perma Charge should (correctly) no longer lose its bonus +1 damage to MOABs
- Boomerang Monkey is now ambidextrous without any Monkey Knowledge (i.e. automatically gains Ambidextrous 'Rangs effect).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Crosspaths[edit | edit source]
Projectiles[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There was once a bug where Perma Charge with Red Hot Rangs after Version 7.0 did not deal +1 damage. This was discovered most notably in Version 11.0, but was likely present since the Version 7.0 Red Hot Rangs damage buff. In Version 12.0, Perma Charge with Red Hot Rangs now correctly deals +1 damage to bloons.