|“||Attack potions deal more damage to MOAB-class Bloons and strip Fortified off smaller Bloons. Also strengthens Brews and Stimulants.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
Perishing Potions is the 2nd upgrade for the 2nd upgrade path for the Alchemist in Bloons TD 6. With this upgrade, the Alchemist's attack potions remove the Fortified property from Lead and Ceramic Bloons. Potions deal 5 damage per hit to MOAB-Class Bloons and 20 damage to Fortified MOAB-class Bloons.
Starting from Version 20.0, Perishing Potions also strengthens the potency of Berserker Brew brews and Stronger Stimulant stimulants, increasing the duration and per-shot lifespan while also reducing the downtime cooldown between new brews. Berserker Brew lasts for 40 shots or 6.0s, whichever comes first (instead of 25 shots or 5.0s), and Stronger Stimulant lasts for 55 shots or 13.0s (instead of 40 shots or 12.0s), whichever comes first. Downtime cooldown between new brews for both types reduces from 5.0s to 4.0s.
And starting from Version 24.0, Acidic Mixture Dip potions last for up to 13 shots instead of 10.
It costs $405 on Easy, $475 on Medium, $515 on Hard, and $570 on Impoppable.
The Alchemist gains a black facemask and replaces white surgical gloves with black surgical gloves. Its potion bottles now have a black coating.
Perishing Potions is one of the cheaper ways of dealing with the early Round 40 Fortified MOAB on Alternate Bloons Rounds and for countering Fortified Bloons in general. In addition, this upgrade improves the power of brewing Alchemists for targeting single towers, on top of the Alchemist itself gaining higher overall offensive damage.
- Being one of the few upgrades that deals more damage to Fortified MOAB-class bloons, Perishing Potions is a rather cheap upgrade for destroying the Fortified MOAB on Round 40 ABR, and is by far one of the few upgrades that are good at destroying the Fortified MOAB.
- It can occasionally can be used as a supportive DPS tower in later game when Fortified blimps and ceramics run rampant.
- Use this upgrade to improve the brews targeted towards stronger towers, especially the fast-attacking ones.
- Besides defortification attacks such as by Mortar Monkey's Shattering Shells upgrade, Perishing Potions is the only upgrade that deals at least 2x damage to Fortified MOAB-class than on non-Fortified MOAB-class. (Spiked Balls and Heavy Shells both deal only +1 damage to Fortified, both dealing 1.5x to Fortified MOAB-class compared to normal MOAB-class).
- Before Version 20.0, the description for Perishing Potions was "All offensive potions strip Fortified property off of Lead and Ceramic Bloons, and greatly damages MOAB-Class Bloons." but was since changed due to the Berserker Brew and Stronger Stimulant reworks in Version 20.0.
- The facemask on the Perishing Potions Alchemist is not wrapped around the monkey's ears like a standard facemask would, but it appears to be wrapped around the monkey's face.
- Strangely, the crosspath buff to Berserker Brews and Stronger Stimulants from Perishing Potions did not work properly when it was first added, but these buffs now work correctly of Version 21.0.