|“||Looking for a challenge? Try to stop the bloons as they make their way across the rocky shores. You might even catch a glimpse of some crazed monkey surfing up a storm.||”|
|~ Version 7.0 Ninja Kiwi Forum description of Peninsula|
The map is based off a type of landform from the real world known as a peninsula, which is a piece of land that extends from a mainland, bounded by water on most of its border. In BTD6, the Peninsula appears to extend from the north.
Bloons will enter from the top left and move down, turn right (from the player's perspective), continue moving right before going up to exit at the top right. The top of the mountain has some space to place towers, along with a small patch on the bottom right corner of the peninsula. The mountain slopes do not offer space to place. Instead, the peninsula is surrounded by water, which can accommodate Monkey Buccaneers and Monkey Subs.
Directly next to the track, there are three rocks covered with seaweed. Each piece of seaweed can be removed for $500 to allow more land towers to be placed.
- Main article: Peninsula/Strategies
- This is the second Advanced Track in BTD6 to arrive in an update.
- There was formerly a glitch where between the first small island and the shore, where there was enough space to clip in a water tower. This glitch has been patched as of at least version 9.0.
- The first Daily Challenge (not Advanced Challenge) to involve the Peninsula map is 14th/15th January 2019's challenge "Commander of the Cape".
- On release, Peninsula was considered as one of the hardest Advanced maps because of its heavy line of sight element and lack of lands, sometimes even comparable to Expert maps. As harder Advanced maps like Geared and X Factor were released as well as adjustments to some towers and heros, it has eventually fallen out of the focus of attention.