|“||Massivization allows nails to pop 8 Bloons at once, including frozen. Also increases Foam effectiveness.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Oversize Nails is the 1st upgrade of Path 3 for the Engineer Monkey in BTD6. It corresponds to the 9-Inch Nails upgrade from the BTD5 generation. It increases the pierce of the main Engineer's nailgun nails from 3 to 8, and allows them to pop Frozen Bloons. Unlike BTD5, this upgrade now also affects Sentry Guns, which now improves the Engineer's sentries to have +1 pierce and can pop Frozen Bloons.
It costs $380 on Easy, $450 on Medium, $485 on Hard, and $540 on Impoppable.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It makes useful early-game pierce akin to a Spike-O-Pult with greater attack speed but with significantly less pierce.
- When further upgraded along Path 3, particularly with Double Gun, it is quite reliable at stalling early-game bloons.
- This makes it the best early game Engineer Monkey.
- Oversized Nails is one of the few sharp projectile towers that can pair well with Ice Shards for the activation of multiple ice shards.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- Oversize Nails now adds +1 pierce to all sentries deployed by the Engineer and allows them to pop Frozen bloons.
- Description changed from "Massive nails pop 8 Bloons at once, and Frozen Bloons." to "Massivization allows nails to pop 8 Bloons at once, including frozen. Also increases Foam effectiveness."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In BTD5, a similar upgrade that increased pierce used the name "9-Inch Nails". In BTD6, "Oversize Nails" was renamed to its current name.