- "Operation: Dart Storm" redirects here. For the BTD4/5 counterpart, see Operation: Dart Storm (BTD4-BTD5).
|“||Shoots 16 darts per volley, and twice as fast.||”|
Operation: Dart Storm (sometimes shortened to ODS or O:DS) is the fourth upgrade on the first path for the Monkey Ace in BTD6. It shoots 16 darts per volley, like other games, but also shoots darts and anti-MOAB missiles (from Fighter Plane) twice as quickly. Additionally, the anti-MOAB missile explosions have increased pierce, from 3 to 4.
The upgrade alone costs similarly, at $2550 on Easy, $3000 in Medium, $3240 on Hard, and $3600 on Impoppable, but it is now overall more expensive than in other games.
- This upgrade is useful for wiping out many bloons on screen while also being a great option for beating MOAB-class bloons, especially for earlier rounds. On its own, it can wipe out the outer layers of regular MOABs and Fortified MOABs before Round 81 with ease.
- The best crosspath is the 4-0-1 ODS, or 4-0-2 if there is exceptionally good central coverage on the given map. 4-2-0 is useful if camo detection is required, since ODS cannot detect camo without support unlike in BTD5 when it was the upgrade after Spy Plane.
- Just like many high-projectile towers, pair with Berserker Brew or Stronger Stimulant to optimize the power of each of the ODS's radial dart attacks.
- Do not rely on a 4-2-0 Operation: Dart Storm to handle Camo Leads, as pineapples from the Exploding Pineapple upgrade are not deployed twice as fast and due to the random nature of pineapples in general.
Version History (BTD6)Edit
Fighter Plane anti-MOAB missile attack speed decreased (every 1.5s --> 2.0s)
Fighter Plane anti-MOAB missile pierce increased (1 --> 4)
Fighter Plane anti-MOAB missile deals less damage (25 --> 18).
- The name of the upgrade is likely to either be a reference to Operation: Dark Storm or Operation: Desert Storm.
- The plane looks similar to the B-2 Spirit Bomber.
- The Operation: Dart Storm upgrade was formerly the fourth sequential upgrade in BTD4, the third upgrade of Path 2 for BTD5, and is now the fourth upgrade of Path 1 in BTD6.
- Operation: Dart Storm is the 51st upgrade to be on the official community 2MPC challenges.
- Although not very useful, Operation: Dart Storm does not double the rate of pineapples dropping via the Exploding Pineapple upgrade.