|“||Allows Sniper to detect and do an additional 2 damage to Camo bloons.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Night Vision Goggles is the first upgrade of Path 2 for the Sniper Monkey in Bloons TD 6. This upgrade allows the Sniper Monkey to detect Camo Bloons, like in BTD5, but additionally allows the Sniper Monkey to deal +2 damage to Camo Bloons. In addition to this, Snipers with this upgrade gain access to the Camo Prioritization target option.
Night Vision Goggles changes the Sniper's beret from red to blue, or the color of other crosspaths if any, and it receives green goggles with a black strap covering the monkey's head. The goggles supposedly are night vision goggles.
When crosspathed with any upgrade except Tier 5, the Sniper is the same as its non-crosspathed counterpart except gains the green goggles. For Full Auto Rifle, the goggles are modified to have small lenses and are directly attached onto the helmet by a grip.
Night Vision Goggles grants camo detection and +2 damage to camos.
Night Vision Goggles targets bloons using the standard targeting priorities. It shoots a snipe attack.
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
- Updated as of Version 32.0. Listed prices exclude external buffs, any sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
Night Vision Goggles not only gives the Sniper with the needed camo popping power, it also makes the Sniper an effective option at specifically countering Camo Bloons. Much of the power of Night Vision Goggles is centered in the early-game at handling early Camo Bloons, especially set on Strong and with the Camo Prioritization target option enabled.
- While it is an alright upgrade, the main feature of this upgrade's crosspath is its successor, Shrapnel Shot. For Night Vision Goggles itself, it is mainly for handling early-game Camo Bloons.
- Utilize the Camo Prioritization target priority to let Night Vision Goggles take advantage of the +2 damage versus camos as well as to snipe out spaced Camos.
- 1-1-0 is the cheapest upgrade that grants camo detection and lead-popping, of which this attribute is mainly useful for ABR Round 24.
- The first cheapest option is Ezili, who can do this at Level 1.
- Just a single 1-1-0 Sniper set on Strong and with Camo Prioritization on can solo all camos on Easy difficulty, assuming sufficient Line of Sight. The same Sniper set on those settings can also be used to weaken the Round 42 Camo Rainbows greatly for cheap.
- A 3-2-0 and a 0-2-4 Sniper (with lead popping power) can handle all camos on Medium difficulty. However, more firepower is required to handle Round 78, making this strategy unfeasible for Hard difficulty or higher.
- This was the first upgrade in BTD6 that dealt increased damage to a bloon with a special property other than Fortified, Lead, Ceramic, or MOAB-class.
- The Version 11.0 buff to Night Vision Goggles in BTD6 was likely inspired by the Dragon Eyes trinket in Bloons Adventure Time TD.
- All Snipers with the Night Vision Goggles upgrade will wear night vision goggles, except for all Tier 5 upgrades.