|“||Darts automatically seek out and pop Bloons by themselves.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Neva-Miss Targeting (sometimes shortened as Neva-Miss) is the third upgrade of Path 3 for the Monkey Ace in BTD6. Just like the BTD5 counterpart, this upgrade will allow the darts to actively home onto bloons. The difference from the older version, however, is that all darts will always seek at bloons regardless of position. In this way, this optimizes the potential of each dart to hit as many bloons as possible, and therefore practically "never miss".
It costs $1,870 on Easy, $2,200 on Medium, $2,375 on Hard, and $2,640 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
The homing power of Neva-Miss Targeting makes it a good option for greatly increasing the efficiency of each dart, almost guaranteeing that each dart doesn't waste any damage potential. The sheer amount of projectiles and relatively slow attack speed makes it a good option when paired with Alch buffs, namely Berserker Brew and Stronger Stimulant, increasing potential damage even further. Overall, it is a good upgrade all-round on maps where conventional meta early mid-game towers such as 2-0-4 Armor Piercing Darts + Alch or 4-0-2 Bloonjitsu + Alch are less viable, specifically on maps with either lack of water or many Line of Sight issues.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Add Berserker Brew or Stronger Stimulant to improve its overall DPS by a large amount. Neva-Miss benefits from the extra damage, attack speed, and pierce. Even though its darts have plenty of pierce already, this can help increase its overall reliability against mid-game bloons.
- Use the 2-0-3 Neva-Miss crosspath rather than 0-2-3, unless there is no form of external camo detection available. This is because the extra attack speed and darts from both Path 1 upgrades (Rapid Fire and Lots More Darts) greatly improves the overall performance of Neva-Miss.
- Adding Rapid Fire increases the attack speed of the darts from every 2.1s to every 1.26s, increasing its overall performance by a significant amount. Although a 1-0-3 or 2-0-3 Neva-Miss attacks 3x slower than any Bloonjitsu, it has far superior pierce plus the advantage of global range.
- Due to its global range, pairing this with Berserker Brew or Stronger Stimulant makes a good replacement to other common early mid-game combos (such as 4-0-2 Bloonjitsu + Alch or 2-0-4 Armor Piercing Darts + Alch) on maps like Bazaar or Geared.
- The homing algorithm of Neva-Miss Targeting darts are not as aggressive compared to Monkey Sub darts or Ninja Monkey's Seeking Shuriken, but this upgrade is still very advantageous due to its global range.
- Neva-Miss is overall more accurate than Spectre, and benefits much more greatly from Alchemist buffs than Overclock, which would be much more beneficial for Spectre. It is recommended to only upgrade to Spectre once sufficient support towers are bought as backup.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
Projectile lifespan increased by 50%
Projectile speed increased by 50%
Increased homing tightness
No longer performs considerably worse with the Accelerated Aerodarts knowledge active.
Global Range tracking no longer stutters unreasonably (darts now only seek after it hits a bloon and hits the closest bloon instead of the first bloon)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before Version 8.0 buffs, Neva-Miss Targeting was highly inaccurate, due to the darts having an ineffective homing algorithm.
- Neva-Miss Targeting adds a pair of jet engines to the Monkey Ace's plane. All other Tier 3 Aces do not utilize this type of technology.