|“||Shoots 10 tacks instead of 8, plus increases Ring of Fire damage.||”|
|~ In-game description|
More Tacks is the first upgrade of Path 3 for the Tack Shooter in Bloons TD 6. It allows the Tack Shooter to shoot 10 tacks instead of 8. However, the arrangement of the tack formation will be different, preventing the Tack Shooter from shooting directly horizontally or directly below, until Even More Tacks is purchased. When crosspathed with Ring of Fire or Inferno Ring, it adds +1 damage.
This upgrade adds two more barrels, for a total of 10. It also replaces the flanged base with a circular base.
Shoots 10 tacks instead of 8. Ring of Fire and Inferno Ring with this crosspath gains +1 damage.
Evaluating accompaniment of "Targeting Priorities" and "Behavior" sections...
The following is a list of statistics of a Tack Shooter with More Tacks. It includes its base statistics and all associated crosspathing interactions. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
- Base stats
- Projectile, sharp type, detects partial hitbox, 10 per shot, 23 range, 1.4s attack cooldown, 1 damage, 1 pierce.
- Crosspathing interactions
- x-x-1: Almost every upgrade increases to 10 tacks per volley, but with a few exceptions:
- Increases base damage by +1.
- See also: Damage Types/Bloons TD 6/Primary
The following are a list of wiki-written damage types associated by a Tack Shooter with More Tacks. These damage type statistics include how it attacks and how these attacks would affect bloons. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
- Base attack(s)
- Updated as of Version 31.0. Listed prices exclude buffs, sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
This upgrade's prices (or included crosspath's prices) are affected by the following MK: Better Sell Deals
For a rather low price, More Tacks adds +2 bonus projectiles. As such, it is usually used as a cheap way to improve a low-tier Tack Shooter in the early game. It is usually a stepping stone to its further upgrades, but in itself it can be useful in a very few special scenarios.
- Blade Shooter and its upgrades generally benefit more from the top crosspath, although Blade Maelstrom and Super Maelstrom abilities do not benefit from any of the crosspaths.
- Inferno Ring generally prefers the middle crosspath as it gives it more area where it can damage the bloons.
- The bottom crosspath can achieve similar damage, but only if the placement is unfavourable to the additional range.
- Avoid purchasing this upgrade unless it is to get Even More Tacks, although in a few cases it can be a clutch benefit in certain situations.
- More Tacks is one of four upgrades in the game whereby the cost of the Path 3 Tier 1 upgrade cost is exactly the same as the cost of the Path 3 Tier 2 upgrade, the other being Sniper Monkey's Fast Firing and Even Faster Firing, Monkey Village's Monkey Business and Monkey Commerce, and Wizard Monkey's Intense Magic and Monkey Sense.
- On Version 20.0, the 0-1-3 Marketplace (with Long Life Bananas) and the 4-0-1 Ring of Fire (with More Tacks) were both upgrade crosspaths with no benefits compared to their no-crosspath counterparts. This is no longer the case, because 4-0-1 Ring of Fire as of Version 21.0 now adds +1 damage.
- The upgrade icon for More Tacks shows two tacks being shot out, even though technically the Tack Shooter only shoots out 1.25x the tacks compared to before the upgrade.