|“||Shoots 10 tacks instead of 8, plus increases Ring of Fire damage.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
More Tacks is the first upgrade of Path 3 for the Tack Shooter in BTD6. It allows the Tack Shooter to shoot 10 tacks instead of 8. However, the arrangement of the tack formation will be different, preventing the Tack Shooter from shooting directly horizontally or directly below, until Even More Tacks is purchased. When crosspathed with Ring of Fire or Inferno Ring, it adds +1 damage.
It costs $85 on Easy, $100 on Medium, $110 on Hard, and $120 on Impoppable.
For a rather low price, More Tacks adds +2 bonus projectiles. As such, it is usually used as a cheap way to improve a low-tier Tack Shooter in Tack Shooter earlygames.
- Blade Shooter and its upgrades generally benefit more from the Top crosspath, although Blade Maelstrom and Super Maelstrom abilities do not benefit from any of the crosspaths.
- Inferno Ring generally prefers the middle crosspath as it gives it more area where it can damage the bloons.
- The Bottom crosspath can achieve similar damage, but only if the placement is unfavourable to the additional range.
- Avoid purchasing this upgrade unless it is to get Even More Tacks, although in a few cases it can be a clutch benefit in certain situations.
Version History (BTD6)Edit
- Ring of Fire and Inferno Ring no longer gain +10 pierce with More Tacks
- Ring of Fire and Inferno Ring gain +1 damage with More Tacks
- Accordingly, the description was changed from "Shoots 10 tacks instead of 8." to "Shoots 10 tacks instead of 8, plus increases Ring of Fire damage."
- More Tacks is one of four upgrades in the game whereby the cost of the Path 3 Tier 1 upgrade cost is exactly the same as the cost of the Path 3 Tier 2 upgrade, the other being Sniper Monkey's Fast Firing and Even Faster Firing, Monkey Village's Monkey Business and Monkey Commerce, and Wizard Monkey's Intense Magic and Monkey Sense.
- On Version 20.0, the 0-1-3 Marketplace (with Long Life Bananas) and the 4-0-1 Ring of Fire (with More Tacks) were both upgrade crosspaths with no benefits compared to their no-crosspath counterparts. This is no longer the case, because 4-0-1 Ring of Fire as of Version 21.0 now adds +1 damage.