|“||Hub of Monkey trades earns colossal income each round.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
Monkey Wall Street is the fifth upgrade of Path 3 for the Banana Farm in BTD6. While it still produces as much as a Central Market during a round, upon clearing a round it will generate an additional +$4,000.
It costs $51,000 on Easy, $60,000 on Medium, $64,800 on Hard, and $72,000 on Impoppable.
As the final upgrade of Path 3 Banana Farm, Monkey Wall Street retains all of its income methods and benefits from the previous upgrade, including the increase to Path 3 Buccaneers. The only major improvement is the bonus $4,000 provided at the end of a round. This means that Monkey Wall Street provides the single greatest source of income without any form of player input, trailed behind by the Trade Empire at maximum capacity when compared on a single tower basis.
Just like its preceding upgrade, the optimal crosspath varies depending on whether Monkey Knowledge is enabled or not. It is worth noting that the end-of-round-income is not affected by crosspathing.
What makes the Monkey Wall Street stand out is its extreme space-versus-income ratio, because for just one 2-0-5 Monkey Wall Street break even within 14.944 rounds. Compared to a 0-0-0 Banana Farm, which pays off within 15.625 rounds, a 2-0-5 Monkey Wall Street will single-handedly outweigh the efficiency of most Banana Farms except 4-2-0 Banana Research Facilities and Monkey Banks with Bank Deposits.
- The best crosspath for Monkey Wall Street depends on that for Central Market. In that case, 2-0-5 is better without "More Valuable Bananas" MK but 0-2-5 is still better with that MK. Monkey Wall Street only adds a large end-of-round cash on top of the Central Market benefit, and its end-of-round cash is not affected by any crosspath.
- Monkey Wall Street produces a lot of income per unit footprint, but it is less efficient at income generation compared to spamming Banks, for instance.
- For a time, the 10% income increase of Merchantmen, Favored Trades and Trade Empire was bugged and did not function in the slightest. This was fixed in Version 5.0.
- Wall Street is a real-life street in New York, where most of the world's stocks are traded.
- Version 18.0 made the non-crosspathed Monkey Wall Street produce less income overall, as the 16 groups of $70 bananas and +$4000 end-of-round cash are overall valued less than 12 groups of $20 bananas and +$4900 end-of-round cash, all by just $20. However, a crosspathed Monkey Wall Street since Version 18.0 now produces more cash overall than earlier versions, because of how significant crosspathing has on the income production per round.