|“||Hub of Monkey trades earns colossal income and generates lives each round.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Monkey Wall Street is the fifth upgrade of Path 3 for the Banana Farm in Bloons TD 6. While it still produces as much as a Central Market during a round, upon clearing a round it will generate an additional +$4,000 and gain 10 lives per round. It also gains passively collects nearby all collectables, such as bananas and crates, like a Banana Farmer would. It is the only non-power tower to universally autocollect anything.
Monkey Wall Street itself has 40 range. However, the autocollection range of a Monkey Wall Street is actually 60, which is 50% larger than its base range.
Monkey Wall Street is a massive marble building with several white columns supporting a large triangular roof, all over a grey stone foundation and absolutely overflowing with bananas. It has palm trees in the corners alongside the entrance, and at its back are three yellow flags, two on the corners and one at the apex of the roof at the very end. These yellow flag patterns are nearly identical to those found on the XXXL Trap, with two darker yellow triangles at the bottom corners, a dark yellow stripe down the center, and lighter yellow everywhere else.
Monkey Wall Street produces bananas that are each produced in a spawn. Monkey Wall Street has the Central Market's Merchantmen buff, which is a tower buff that targets all Merchantmen and their higher upgrades in the whole screen. Monkey Wall Street's end-of-round cash is produced in a spawn. Monkey Wall Street also targets nearby collectables and targets collectable "projectiles" in an extended range. Like most Banana Farm upgrades, Central Market lacks any real targeting priority.
As the final upgrade of Path 3 Banana Farm, Monkey Wall Street retains all of its income methods and benefits from the previous upgrade, including the increase to Path 3 Buccaneers. The only major improvement is the bonus $4,000 provided and 10 lives at the end of a round. This means that Monkey Wall Street provides the single greatest source of income without any form of player input, trailed behind by the Trade Empire at maximum capacity when compared on a single tower basis.
Just like its preceding upgrade, the optimal crosspath varies depending on whether Monkey Knowledge is enabled or not. It is worth noting that the end-of-round-income is not affected by crosspathing.
What makes the Monkey Wall Street stand out is its extreme space-versus-income ratio, because for just one 2-0-5 Monkey Wall Street break even within 14.944 rounds. Compared to a 0-0-0 Banana Farm, which pays off within 15.625 rounds, a 2-0-5 Monkey Wall Street will single-handedly outweigh the efficiency of most Banana Farms except 4-2-0 Banana Research Facilities.
One final touch in addition to Monkey Wall Street's huge income per footprint is its life regeneration. While somewhat minor, it makes a noticeable difference on certain situations. For example, the Lych boss since the Lych-Soul drains lives when alive.
With its ability to auto-collect nearby bananas and crates, Monkey Wall Street helps reduce micromanagement for Top Path Farm and Monkeyopolis builds, without requiring spending Monkey Money for a Banana Farmer.
- The auto-collect feature of the Monkey Wall Street is not affected by the Fit Farmers Monkey Knowledge.
- The best crosspath for Monkey Wall Street depends on that for Central Market. In that case, 2-0-5 is better without "More Valuable Bananas" MK but 0-2-5 is still better with that MK. Monkey Wall Street only adds a large end-of-round cash on top of the Central Market benefit, and its end-of-round cash is not affected by any crosspath. The autocollection range is also unaffected by crosspathing.
- Monkey Wall Street produces a lot of income per unit footprint, but it is less efficient at income generation compared to spamming Banks, for instance.
- Place a Monkey Wall Street nearby the area with the most amount of Farms or at least nearby a Monkeyopolis. One can also place it in a different position to divert crates and bananas to a specified location; this can be taken advantage of to reduce chances for Vortex to delete the crates and bananas.
Bug Fixes and General Changes
|One or more images may be low quality!|
Please replace the image(s) in question with better quality version(s) so that they meet Bloons Wiki's standards.
Image(s) to replace: Wall Street autocollecting lots of stuff but the Wall Street should be selected; this would be a much better view of it; also make sure it's a game mode that bans powers, preferably a normal non-challenge game (so not Challenge Editor, please)
- For a time, the 10% income increase of Merchantmen, Favored Trades and Trade Empire was bugged and did not function in the slightest. This was fixed in Version 5.0.
- Wall Street is a real-life street in New York, where most of the world's stocks are traded at the New York Stock Exchange
- Monkey Wall Street bares a fairly close resemblance with the New York Stock Exchange building.
- Version 18.0 made the non-crosspathed Monkey Wall Street produce less income overall, as the 16 groups of $70 bananas and +$4000 end-of-round cash are overall valued less than 12 groups of $20 bananas and +$4900 end-of-round cash, all by just $20. However, a crosspathed Monkey Wall Street since Version 18.0 now produces more cash overall than earlier versions, because of how significant crosspathing has on the income production per round.