Monkey Teams is a type of event featuring in both the browser-based and mobile versions of Bloons Monkey City. In Monkey Teams events, only the towers specified in the event will earn the player a reward. If the challenge is completed with only the specified towers, the player will typically receive 2, 8, 10, or 15 bloonstones, depending on City Level. Alternate awards for wins within the specifications of some Monkey Teams challenges can be a single Monkey Knowledge Pack or, in the Browser version of BMC, a Boss Ability such as a Boss Chill or Boss Blast. Before reaching City Level 12, Monkey Team events that would later award Monkey Knowledge packs, will award a single bloonstone instead. You do not need to use all the available towers to earn the rewards, as long as the ones you use are still the eligible ones. Monkey Villages, Banana Farms, and Monkey Farmers (Mobile only) are the only towers allowed in every Monkey Teams. Road Spikes and Exploding Pineapples are also allowed every time. Monkey Boosts and Red Hot Spikes are also allowed.
- Find the best strategies for what types of bloons for each given Monkey Teams. Also be sure to get at least an adequate amount of city development in both towers and upgrades before attempting one, particularly if they involve towers that lack one particular type of defense (e.g. leads, grouped bloons, camos, regrows, MOAB-class).
- If you accidentally hotkeyed a tower that isn't part of the Monkey Teams, that still does not count as breaking Monkey Teams. Placing a tower that isn't part of Monkey Teams, however, does count as breaking Monkey Teams.
- Main article: Monkey Teams/Strategies
The sequences in which towers are shown in these galleries are, for consistency, lead by the sequence in which the different towers are first encountered in the mobile version of BMC (as per the Monkey Buildings menu): DM; Tack; Sniper; Boomer; Ninja; Bomb; Mortar; Chipper; Engineer; Heli; Sub; Ice; Glue; Dartling; Spike; Ace; Buccaneer; Apprentice; and Super.
Lists may be incomplete and content from parallel lists may apply.
Challenges awarding bloonstones in the browser versionEdit
Challenges awarding bloonstones in the mobile versionEdit
Challenges awarding monkey knowledge packs in the browser versionEdit
Challenges awarding monkey knowledge packs in the mobile versionEdit
- It is possible to earn at least 18 by using Monkey Teams plus Hardcore Mode combined.
- There is a glitch where even if you used all eligible towers the player would not be given the reward. This can be fixed by reloading the game every time new events come out.
- Sometimes Monkey Teams rewards Boss Chills or other rewards of similar value (such as 1).
- Monkey Teams is not earned through playing Replay Tracks.
- Since an update in Bloons Monkey City Mobile, monkeys that are allowed in Monkey Teams has a Monkey Team Symbol at the top right of it.
- Monkey Boosts does not have this symbol but is still allowed, likely since it is an ability but not a tower.
- In the Flash version, the Monkey Teams for Ninja Monkeys are displayed as Dart Monkeys with orange vests instead of actual Ninja Monkeys.