It has been requested that this page be split to Monkey Sub, Monkey Sub (BTD5).
The reason for this is because no reason given. Please discuss whether this page should be split on this talk page.
This page is currently in the process of splitting content into separate pages. Information on this page at this current time might be incomplete or otherwise appear irrationally erroneous.
|Is this the result you want?|
If you are looking for "BTD6 Monkey Sub" and you have found this page via a search engine or an internal/external link, please consider checking Monkey Sub (BTD6) instead.
|“||Shoots homing torp-e-darts at nearby Bloons. Must be placed in water.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 6 Description|
Monkey Sub is a tower from Bloons TD 5 Mobile that was introduced on Friday, November 22, 2013 in the 2.3 Christmas update and on Bloons TD Battles Mobile on Friday, May 16th in the 1.8 update. It is unlocked from the Christmas gift (Popping 250,000 Bloons), along with the maps Ice Flow and Challenger Deep. This tower is a good starting tower on water maps since it is both cheap and powerful.
On Wednesday, July 22nd, 2015, The Monkey Sub has been released on the Flash version of Bloons TD 5 with a new appearance and different artwork.
Bloons TD 5
- Main article: Monkey Sub (BTD5)
Monkey Sub makes its first appearance in Bloons TD 5 Mobile. It has since been released later on other games.
Bloons TD 6
- Main article: Monkey Sub (BTD6)
|Bloons TD 5||$295||$350||$380||-|
|Bloons TD 5 Mobile||$295||$350||$380||$420|
|Bloons TD Battles||$350|
|Bloons TD Battles Mobile||$350|
|Bloons Monkey City||$TBA|
|Bloons Monkey City Mobile||$TBA|
|Bloons TD 6||$275||$325||$350||$390|
Bloons TD 5
The Monkey Sub first made its debut in BTD5 Mobile. Eventually, it was made available in BMC Mobile, BTDB Mobile, and even BTD5 Flash. It can be upgraded as a support tower or as an attacking tower. Its signature special upgrade is the Advanced Intel, which allows the Monkey Sub to attack bloons within any tower's radius.
|Barbed Darts |
COST: $255 / $300 / $325 / $360
UNLOCK: 450 XP
|Description: Darts pop up to 3 bloons each.
|Advanced Intel |
COST: $425 / $500 / $540 / $600
UNLOCK: 2,500 XP
|Description: Allows long range targeting of bloons that are in the radius of your other towers and receives camo detection in the radius of any tower with camo detection.
|Submerge and Support |
COST: $425 / $500 / $540 / $600
UNLOCK: 3,000 XP
|Description: Activate submerge using target option to permanently reveal camo bloons in its radius.
|Bloontonium Reactor |
COST: $2,125 / $2,500 / $2,700 / $3,000
UNLOCK: 35,000 XP
|Description: Activate submerge using target option to detect camo, pop bloons, and reduce water tower cooldowns by 15%.
|Twin Guns |
COST: $385 / $450 / $485 / $540
UNLOCK: 1,050 XP
|Description: Twin guns double attack speed.
|Airburst Darts |
COST: $640 / $750 / $810 / $900
UNLOCK: 1,000 XP
|Description: Airburst Darts split into 3 on impact for massively increased popping power.
|Ballistic Missile |
COST: $1,275 / $1,500 / $1,620 / $1,800
UNLOCK: 17,000 XP
|Description: Ballistic Missile seeks its target over any distance and does extra damage to Ceramic and MOAB Class Bloons.
|First Strike Capability |
COST: $17,000 / $20,000 / $21,600 / $24,000
UNLOCK: 60,000 XP
|Description: Ability: a devastating missile strike on the largest bloon on screen. Destroys up to a ZOMG bloon in one go, or many lesser bloons.
Update History (BTDB Mobile)
|“||Monkey Subs must be placed on water but once in place they shoot homing darts. Can be upgraded to shoot at Bloons in the radius of any other Monkey and can be set to submerge and become a support unit.||”|
|~ BMC Description|
|“||Get to your battle stations, the Monkey Sub is in Bloons TD 5! The Monkey Sub has surfaced! With its array of powerful weaponry, support capabilities and functional upgrades the Sub is ready to join your Monkeys in the fight against the Bloons. Deploy the sub in the nearest bit of water and see how far you get!||”|
|~ July 23rd, 2015 "Monkey Sub is here!" description|
|“||Water based tower that shoots homing darts. Can upgrade to shoot at Bloons in the radius of any other tower. Can also upgrade to submerge and become a support tower.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 5 Description|
- First Strike Capability is the first and currently only ability to be able to pop a whole ZOMG in one shot in BTD5.
- The submerged Bloontonium Reactor can work similarly to a weaker but bigger and camo-revealing Ring of Fire.
- If a bloon is poppable by another tower, it can be popped by the Sub, with the upgrade Advanced Intel. This means that, like the Spike Factory and Ninja Monkey, it can pop Camo Bloons without either having an innate ability, by being in the range of a 0,2 or higher Monkey Village, or having an upgrade that says so.
- Also, since the Monkey Village has a range of effect, the Sub is able to target bloons within that building's range as well.
- A glitch can appear in BTD5 Mobile where a sub with 2/x on strong will attack Ceramic Bloons over MOAB-class bloons if the MOABs are only in a Glue Gunner's range, if also set to strong. The subs though, can attack the MOABs if no lower bloon rank exists with the glue gunner's range.
- It does not do significant damage to high numbers of MOAB class bloons without the help of First Strike Capability.
- This is one of three towers where Camo Bloon detection for the tower itself is a third tier upgrade. The others being the Mortar Tower and the Monkey Engineer. (Although technically, none of those towers can hit camo, they just remove it.)
- This is the second tower that can be placed in water, the first one being the Monkey Buccaneer.
- Interestingly enough, the Advanced Intel upgrade works on Heli Pilots, meaning that a Monkey Sub can shoot anywhere with Advanced Intel if the Heli Pilot is in Pursuit mode.
- This is no longer true in BTD6, where it only shoots near the Heli Pad.
- A bunch of 2/3 Monkey Subs can withstand many Ceramic Bloons.
- An 1/1 or 2/2 Monkey Sub has an appearance that combined 1/0 and 0/1 or 2/0 and 0/2 together.
- A Monkey Sub with an Advanced Intel upgrade works well with a Village with Bigger Beacons as the range of the tower be as well the range of the Village.
- In BMC Mobile, there is a special mission where the player receives four 1/1 Subs and a 2/4 Sub, which is broken but can be used in gameplay by repairing it for $8,000.
- However, the mission is nearly impossible without the Broken Sub repaired in time, since a ZOMG will appear on Round 15 along with other MOABs. If repaired in time, the player must use the ability at the very start of the round, because the ZOMG will appear first.
- There is a striking resemblance of the captain of the sub looking like the commander of the Warhammer 40,000 tank, once one upgrades to Barbed Darts, it looks like the captain wants to get close, so they can hit them with their dart.
- Monkey Sub can hit bloons within the range of a Monkey Farmer, despite the farmer having no popping power.
- In BTD5 Flash, a glitch with the Bloontonium Reactor is possible: if a Monkey Sub is upgraded to Bloontonium Reactor while in the radius of another water-based tower, the newly upgraded sub may remain at a 3/x tower rather than a 4/x tower, but the money will still be lost, and upgrading it now becomes impossible.
- On the Flash version, the Monkey Sub tier 4 upgrades are unlocked at Rank 19 while the tower unlocks at Rank 20. Probably not intended.
- If under the influence of a x/2 or a x/3 Monkey Village, the Ballistic Missiles do not affect Camo Bloons except if they are in the range of a tower. This glitch is also occured in BTD5 Flash.
- No specialty buildings in BTD5 Mobile have a negative effect in this tower as it was added later by itself.
- The Monkey Engineer and the Bloonchipper were added together and negatively effect each other.
- A 2/0 Monkey Sub with a 1/2 Sniper Monkey can be useful in the early rounds but be careful as bloons may leak if you leave the Path 2 unupgraded. However, this does not work in BTD5 Mobile as the Advanced Intel range of Sniper is a small area around it.
- When the tower was added in BTD5 Mobile, the player needed to pop 2 million bloons to unlock the tower and the bonus tracks. This was later changed to 250,000.
- In Bloons TD 5 Mobile / Bloons TD 5 Steam the description haves a spell error. Saying "Incuding" while it was meant to be "Including". The full description for that one was "Incuding the ability to submerge and become a support tower".