|“||Increases influence radius, cash generation in radius, and gives you a free Dart Monkey every round.||”|
Monkey City is the 4th upgrade of Path 3 for the Monkey Village in BTD6. It gives the Monkey Village slightly more range (specifically +10 range) and an extra +15% income for all nearby income producers independent from income-per-pop (with some exceptions, includes trap-based sources but excludes Monkeyopolis and several other income sources), similarly to a Central Market when interacting with Merchantmen but only stacking once and only affects towers within range of the Monkey City. It also provides a free Dart Monkey at the end of each round; this benefit stacks with other Monkey Cities in play.
Most forms of pure income generation (i.e. independent from income-per-pop) and trap-based income-per-pop sources (Bloon Trap, Monkey Pirates, Wall of Trees, etc.) are affected by the Monkey City's +15% income buff. The only exceptions to this rule are Monkeyopolis crates, Farm abilities, and Benjamin's Bank "interest" bonus.
Income generation methods affected by Monkey City
- Sniper Monkey: Supply Drop and Elite Sniper abilities.
- Monkey Buccaneer: Merchantman and above upgrades end of round income, Monkey Pirates, Pirate Lord
- Heli Pilot: Support Chinook and Special Poperations Supply Crate ability.
- Super Monkey: Sun Temple and above upgrades Support sacrifice end of round income.
- Druid: Jungle's Bounty ability and Spirit of the Forest end of round income.
- Banana Farm: All non-ability income generation methods
- Engineer Monkey: Bloon Trap and XXXL Trap.
- Benjamin: End of round income.
- Obyn Greenfoot: Wall of Trees
Income generation methods not affected by Monkey City
- Super Monkey: Support Temple's income-per-pop bonuses
- Alchemist: Lead to Gold's lead income generation bonuses, Rubber to Gold's income-per-pop bonuses
- Banana Farm: IMF Loan and Monkey-Nomics abilities.
- Monkey Village: Monkey Town income-per-pop bonuses, Monkey City's bonus cash buff, and Monkeyopolis crates
- Benjamin: Skimming, Bank "interest" bonus, Trojan, Syphon Funding.
Monkey City itself is relatively cheap for its cost, and is often bought as an upgrade for the Monkey Town. The main benefits of the Monkey City upgrade are the increased influence range and boosted income gain for all towers nearby its range. It is not a very efficient source of enhancing income gain, but it's still a useful option nonetheless.
There is one other benefit that Monkey City provides, which is its generation of free Dart Monkeys. It's a worthy bonus for defenses that primarily rely on Super Monkey Fan Clubs, and the free Dart Monkeys can be used into Adora's Blood Sacrifices to boost her damage output for no monetary cost. Besides these two scenarios, the free Dart Monkey portion of Monkey City is inferior compared to its other upgraded benefits.
- This upgrade is useful when wanting to expand the use of multiple Dart Monkeys, especially for the use of Super Monkey Fan Club and Plasma Monkey Fan Club. Be wary that the cost of the Monkey City upgrade is offset by a total of 15 Dart Monkeys.
- This upgrade is also useful for expanding the influence radius size of the Monkey Village, particularly for expanding the space where towers are influenced by Monkey Town benefits.
- Monkey City affects any income producer, including those from income production abilities excluding IMF Loan and Monkey-Nomics. Be aware, however, that it doesn't affect income gained via pops (such as Monkey Town effects, Benjamin's Syphon Funding, and also Rubber to Gold). It also does not affect nearby Monkeyopolis for unknown reasons.
- The towers who benefit the most out of the Monkey City's improved income effects is Supply Drop. Pairing a Monkey City with multiple Supply Drops becomes very useful, as many of these can be fit in a single area, while also benefiting from the Monkey Town effects too.
- Because the Bloon Trap is also affected by the previous Monkey Town upgrade, it therefore generates an additional 65% income (or 75% with the "Inland Revenue Streams" MK) when collected.
- Following the v22.0 update, the free Dart Monkeys gained per round can be used as a free sacrifice to temporarily buff Adora and any nearby Sun Avatars.
- Monkey City clock shows the current time based on the player's device; this is similar to the Monkey Town Hall building in Bloons Monkey City.
- On every 5th minute, the minutes hand changes position, and the same applies to the hours hand.
- On the Monkey City official artwork, time is shown as around 1:55.
- The old description for Monkey City was "Gives you a free Dart Monkey every round", but was changed in an update to introduce the unstated range increase.
- Although buffed in Version 17.0, the description for Monkey City remains unchanged.
- Even though Version 19.0 added a separate money counter for almost all towers, it has not been yet implemented for Lead to Gold, Rubber to Gold, Monkey Town (and by extent Monkey City), or Pirate Lord. It has yet to be fully implemented for Sun Temple and True Sun God / Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey with Support sacrifices.
- Before Version 20.0, the description was "Increases influence radius and gives you a free Dart Monkey every round." but was since changed to accommodate the Version 17.0 cash generation buff.
- It is the only upgrade icon in the game to feature another tower, that is, the Dart Monkey.