|“||Increases influence radius, cash generation in radius, and gives you a free Dart Monkey every round.||”|
Monkey City is the 4th upgrade of Path 3 for the Monkey Village in BTD6. It gives the Monkey Village slightly more range (specifically +10 range) and an extra +10% income for all nearby income producers (with the exception of bonus income from pops), similarly to a Central Market when interacting with Merchantmen but only stacking once and only affects towers within range of the Monkey City. It also provides an free 0-0-0 Dart Monkey at the end of each round; this benefit stacks with other Monkey Cities in play.
It costs $2,550 on Easy, $3,000 on Medium, $3,240 on Hard, and $3,600 on Impoppable.
List of towers affected by Monkey City[edit | edit source]
- Sniper Monkey: Supply Drop and Elite Sniper abilities.
- Monkey Buccaneer: Merchantman and above upgrades end of round income, as well as middle path abilities.
- Heli Pilot: Support Chinook and Special Poperations Supply Crate ability.
- Super Monkey: Sun Temple and above upgrades Support sacrifice end of round income.
- Druid: Jungle's Bounty ability and Spirit of the Forest end of round income.
- Banana Farm: All income methods excluding IMF Loan and Monkey-Nomics abilities.
- Engineer Monkey: Bloon Trap and XXXL Trap when collected.
- Benjamin: End of round income.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Monkey City itself is relatively cheap for its cost, and is often bought as an upgrade for the Monkey Town. The main benefits of the Monkey City upgrade are the increased influence range and boosted income gain for all towers nearby its range. It is not a very efficient source of enhancing income gain, but it's still a useful option nonetheless.
There is one other benefit that Monkey City provides, which is its generation of free Dart Monkeys. It's a worthy bonus for defenses that primarily rely on Super Monkey Fan Clubs, and the free Dart Monkeys can be used into Adora's Blood Sacrifices to boost her damage output for no monetary cost. Besides these two scenarios, the free Dart Monkey portion of Monkey City is inferior compared to its other upgraded benefits.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This upgrade is useful when wanting to expand the use of multiple Dart Monkeys, especially for the use of Super Monkey Fan Club and Plasma Monkey Fan Club. Be wary that the cost of Monkey City is offset by a total of 15 Dart Monkeys.
- This upgrade is also useful for expanding the influence radius size of the Monkey Village, particularly for expanding the space where towers are influenced by Monkey Town benefits.
- Monkey City affects any income producer, including those from income production abilities excluding IMF Loan. Be aware, however, that it doesn't affect income gained via pops (such as Monkey Town effects, Benjamin's Syphon Funding, and also Rubber to Gold).
- The towers who benefit the most out of the Monkey City's improved income effects is Supply Drop. Pairing a Monkey City with multiple Supply Drops becomes very useful, as many of these can be fit in a single area, while also benefiting from the Monkey Town effects too.
- Because the Bloon Trap is also affected by the previous Monkey Town upgrade, it therefore generates an additional 60% income (or 70% with the "Inland Revenue Streams" MK) when collected.
- Following the v22.0 update, the free Dart Monkey per round can be used as a free sacrifice to temporarily buff Adora and any nearby Sun Avatars.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
Monkey City now increases all income generated from towers within radius by +10%.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Monkey City also shows the current time, making it useful when managing game time.
- On the Monkey City official artwork, time is shown as around 1:55.
- The old description for Monkey City was "Gives you a free Dart Monkey every round", but was changed in an update to introduce the unstated range increase.
- Although buffed in Version 17.0, the description for Monkey City remains unchanged.
- Even though Version 19.0 added a separate money counter for almost all towers, it has not been yet implemented for Lead to Gold, Rubber to Gold, Monkey Town (and by extent Monkey City), or Pirate Lord. It has yet to be fully implemented for Sun Temple and True Sun God / Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey with Support sacrifices.
- Before Version 20.0, the description was "Increases influence radius and gives you a free Dart Monkey every round." but was since changed to accommodate the Version 17.0 cash generation buff.