|“||Increases influence radius, cash generation in radius, and gives you a free Dart Monkey every round.||”|
Monkey City is the 4th upgrade of Path 3 for the Monkey Village in BTD6. It gives the Monkey Village slightly more range (specifically +10 range) and an extra +10% income for all nearby income producers (with the exception of bonus income from pops), similarly to a Central Market when interacting with Merchantmen but only stacking once and only affects towers within range of the Monkey City. It also provides an free 0-0-0 Dart Monkey at the end of each round; this benefit stacks with other Monkey Cities in play.
It costs $2,550 on Easy, $3,000 on Medium, $3,240 on Hard, and $3,600 on Impoppable.
List of towers affect by Monkey CityEdit
- Sniper Monkey: Supply Drop and Elite Sniper ability.
- Monkey Buccaneer: Merchantman and above upgrades end of round income.
- Heli Pilot: Support Chinook and Special Poperations Supply Crate ability.
- Super Monkey: Sun Temple and above upgrades Support sacrifice end of round income.
- Druid: Jungle's Bounty ability and Spirit of the Forest end of round income.
- Banana Farm: All income methods excluding IMF Loan and Monkey-Nomics abilities.
- Engineer Monkey: Bloon Trap and XXXL Trap when collected.
- Benjamin: End of round income.
- This upgrade is useful when wanting to expand the use of multiple Dart Monkeys, especially for the use of Super Monkey Fan Club and Plasma Monkey Fan Club. Be wary that the cost of Monkey City is offset by a total of 15 Dart Monkeys.
- This upgrade is also useful for expanding the influence radius size of the Monkey Village, particularly for expanding the space where towers are influenced by Monkey Town benefits.
- Monkey City affects any income producer, including those from income production abilities excluding IMF Loan. Be aware, however, that it doesn't affect income gained via pops (such as Monkey Town effects, Benjamin's Syphon Funding, and also Rubber to Gold).
- The towers who benefit the most out of the Monkey City's improved income effects is Supply Drop. Pairing a Monkey City with multiple Supply Drops becomes very useful, as many of these can be fit in a single area, while also benefiting from the Monkey Town effects too.
- Because the Bloon Trap is also affected by the previous Monkey Town upgrade, it therefore generates an additional 60% income (or 70% with the "Inland Revenue Streams" MK) when collected.
Version History (BTD6)Edit
Monkey City now increases all income generated from towers within radius by +10%.
- Monkey City also shows the current time, making it useful when managing game time.
- On the Monkey City official artwork, time is shown as around 1:55.
- The old description for Monkey City was "Gives you a free Dart Monkey every round", but was changed in an update to introduce the unstated range increase.
- Although buffed in Version 17.0, the description for Monkey City remains unchanged.
- Obyn, Monkey Pirates and Pirate Lord all show the buff icon when in range, but are only affected by the Monkey City cash-per-pop boost. Whether this means they are supposed to be affected by Monkey City or not is unclear.
- Even though Version 19.0 added a separate money counter for almost all towers, it has not been yet implemented for Lead to Gold, Rubber to Gold, Monkey Town (and by extent Monkey City), Pirate Lord, Support Chinook (and by extent Special Poperations), and Jungle's Bounty. It has yet to be fully implemented for Spirit of the Forest (ability only), and Sun Temple and True Sun God / Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey with Support sacrifices.
- Before Version 20.0, the description was "Increases influence radius and gives you a free Dart Monkey every round." but was since changed to accommodate the Version 17.0 cash generation buff.