|“||The only unit that moves, the Monkey Ace patrols the skies above the action, regularly strafing the area with powerful piercing darts.||”|
|~ Bloons Tower Defense 4 Description|
|“||Monkey Aces are best suited to more spread out tracks where they can inflict the most poppage.||”|
|~ Round 38 on Bloons Tower Defense 4|
|“||Patrols the skies above the action, regularly strafing the area with powerful darts in 8 directions.||”|
|~ Bloons Tower Defense 5 Description|
|“||Monkey Ace patrols the skies above the action regularly shooting 8 powerful darts in all directions. Good for thinning out bloon formations.||”|
|~ Description upon unlocking in BTD4|
|“||Flies above the ground shooting volleys of high-pierce darts.||”|
|~ Bloons Tower Defense 6 description|
The Monkey Ace is a moving unit operated by a monkey that debuted in Bloons Tower Defense 4. It also appears in its Expansion, Bloons Tower Defense 5 and Bloons 2. In BTD4 and BTD5, it costs $765 on Easy, $900 on Medium and $970 on Hard. It will automatically fire at the Bloons. When the player places it on the screen, it will automatically fly in a figure eight form, and has infinite Range. However, in BTD5, the player can switch the Monkey Ace's route between an 8 shape, an ∞ (infinity symbol) shape and an O shape that encircles the runway. The O shape is usually most efficient, as the monkey ace does not move out of the screen (unless you place it near a corner). In BTD6, the Ace was given to option to have a centered path that is a circular path that is centered on the middle of the map. It is slightly bigger than the regular O pattern.
The Monkey Ace has accuracy issues due to its wild fire, but can become devastating if Bloons fill up the screen, which will make hitting them with the high popping power very easy regardless. Remember to have ally towers cripple the more sturdy threats such as Lead and Regen Bloons, and clean up anything that sneaks through as well.
Bloons Tower Defense 4 UpgradesEdit
The Monkey Ace begins dropping Pineapples for extra popping power.
All Tower near the Monkey Ace while patroling can detect Camo Bloons.
Rapid Fire - Increases attack rate
Shoots darts and drops Pineapples faster.
Operation: Dart Storm - Our darts will block out the sun.
Shoots 16 darts at a time instead of 8. Also increasing shooting and dropping rate.
Total Selling Price: $4805/$5650/$6100
Rate of fire:
- Un-upgraded: 25 shots per minute
- Rapid Fire: 40 shots per minute
- Operation: Dart Storm: 50 shots per minute
Bloons Tower Defense 5 UpgradesEdit
|Total Sell Amount||$14,560||$17,880||$18,496||$21,432|
Operation: Dart Storm
|Total Sell Amount||$11,936||$14,040||$15,164||$17,736|
Monkey Aces make another appearance here. They pop Bloons that they fly through. The player must pop a Monkey Ace Bloon to give the monkey 2 flags, allowing the player to send them to pop Bloons. If the Monkey Ace hits a wall, it will explode, and the pilot will parachute down. The explosion will not pop any Bloons.
When the Reverse Gravity Bloon is popped, the plane flies upside down, and the pilot parachutes up when it crashes.
- In BTD5, if you place a Monkey ace and switch from "vertical 8" circling to "round" circling, sometimes the Ace will indefinitely fly towards the top right, though eventually it will re-adjust and go back to normal.
- Monkey Ace landing sites can be placed more closely together when below other landing sites than when on top. The landing sites also go slightly right when placed down (BTD5 Flash)
- In BTD5 the ace's artwork shows a red cone but in the actual tower it's blue and in BMC Mobile if it's flying above your city it's green.
- This reverses when upgraded to Pineapple Present, the artwork shows it have blue cone, while the actual tower have red cone.
- (BTD5 Flash)You can glitch the Monkey Ace by buying one, this should take you so you can upgrade whenever you want, hover over the ace so it has white outlines on it, then, press backspace (this will sell the tower) and left-click your mouse again as fast as possible, then this should take you to a Monkey Ace with no picture, that you can upgrade, upgrade the Ace (you cannot use the upgrade hotkeys, nothing happens), and you will notice that there is an another ace, that you even upgrade to 4/4 (Seriously), through you would just have a spectre with the Ground Zero ability. This glitch has been fixed.
- In BTD Battles, you can put a monkey fort next the 4-x/Spectre Ace, and it will give +1 pierce to the missiles. This gives an advantage because the missiles deal 2 damage in the explosion radius, but if it pierces through, it will do another explosion, which also deals 2 damage, and if a bloon is in both explosion's radius, it will deal 4 damage to that bloon.
Differences Between BTD5 Flash and BTD5 MobileEdit
Base cost of Monkey Ace is more expensive ($900 → $925).
Pineapples from Pineapple Present have smaller explosions.
Ground Zero yields more cash when used against Ceramic Bloons.
Spectre bomb explosions duplicate when its landing base is under a Monkey Fort.
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
In general, Monkey Ace is hardly buffed or nerfed in updates, but is still not very popular, due to its frequent missing as a lower-tier tower. However, Monkey Ace can be more useful in combination with other towers, as it does help in reducing the overload of Bloons. Whenever used, most players tend to aim towards purchasing Operation: Dart Storm, in which they could also go towards Ground Zero if necessary.
There are very few widely used Monkey Ace strategies, but one very popular strategy that uses Monkey Ace is Dart-Farm-Ace, especially advantageous for doing the large-scale bloon cleanup. Another popular loadout that use the Monkey Ace is Heli-Farm-Ace, with some considering it to be the new meta when update 4.6 came out.
Ground Zero price increased ($14,000 → $16,000).
Neva-Miss Targeting price decreased ($2,200 → $1,800).
Spectre price decreased ($18,000 → $17,000).
Spy Plane price increased ($350 → $400).
Ground Zero damage increased (350 → 400).
Spy Plane price decreased ($400 → $350).
Bloons Tower Defense 6Edit
The Monkey Ace makes a return in BTD6. Just like in BTD5, it has a landing pad that takes up space. It's got a number of new changes, especially splitting several of the most popular upgrades in its predecessor game into different upgrades, most notably being the Operation: Dart Storm becoming a Tier-4 upgrade of Path 1 instead of the Tier-3 upgrade of Path 2. Another change is that when the tower when spawned, it will briefly run on its runway first.
The first path generally increases the numbers of darts sent out, the second path generally primarily centers around bombing, while the third path generally deals with efficient projectile distribution.
It is listed as Military class tower.
Lots More Darts
Operation: Dart Storm
|Total Sell Amount||Tier 4: $3,626
Tier 5: $27,426
|Tier 4: $4,270
Tier 5: $32,270
|Tier 4: $4,610
Tier 5: $34,850
|Tier 4: $5,124
Tier 5: $38,724
Tier 4: $5,180
Tier 5: $39,180
Tier 4: $6,100
Tier 5: $46,100
Tier 4: $6,585
Tier 5: $49,785
|Tier 4: $7,320
Tier 5: $55,320
|Total Sell Amount||
Tier 4: $9,667
Tier 5: $30,492
Tier 4: $11,375
Tier 5: $35,875
Tier 4: $12,285
Tier 5: $38,745
Tier 4: $13,650
Tier 5: $43,050
Tier 4: $13,810
Tier 5: $43,560
Tier 4: $16,250
Tier 5: $51,250
Tier 4: $17,550
Tier 5: $55,350
|Tier 4: $19,500
Tier 5: $61,500
|Total Sell Amount||
Tier 4: $16,541
Tier 5: $87,941
Tier 4: $19,460
Tier 5: $103,460
Tier 4: $21,018
Tier 5: $110,338
Tier 4: $23,352
Tier 5: $124,152
Tier 4: $23,630
Tier 5: $125,630
Tier 4: $27,800
Tier 5: $147,800
Tier 4: $30,025
Tier 5: $157,625
Tier 4: $33,360
Tier 5: $177,360
Version History (BTD6)Edit
- xx4 Spectre attack rate reduced by about 16.6%, Flying Fortress remains unchanged
- xx5 Flying Fortress attack rate increased by 20%
- x3x Bomber Ace bombing run blast radius increased 25 to 35
- x3x Bomber Ace bombing run attack cooldown reduced 3s to 1.5s
- x3x Bomber Ace bombing run damage increased from 2 to 4
- x3x Bomber Ace costs more ($500 --> $900)
- 5xx Sky Shredder - damage from radial darts increased 2 to 3
- xx3 Neva-Miss Targeting projectile lifespan +50%
- xx3 Neva-Miss Targeting projectile speed +50%
- xx3 Neva-Miss Targeting increased homing tightness to accommodate new speed
- xx4 Spectre dart damage increased 1 to 2
- xx4 Spectre bomb damage increased 2 to 3
- xx4 Spectre price increased from $18k to $24k
- xx5 Flying Fortress dart damage increased 2 to 4
- xx5 Flying Fortress bomb damage increased 3->5
- xx3 Neva-Miss Targeting darts should no longer perform considerably worse with the Accelerated Aerodarts knowledge active
- 13x Bomber Ace will now benefit from the 40% rate increase crosspath, lowering rate from 1.7s to 1.02s
- x3x Bomber Ace bomb damage reduced from 4 to 3
- x3x Bomber Ace cooldown increased from 1.5s to 1.7s
- x4x Ground Zero Bombs dropped by this tower now deal 10 damage permanently
- 5xx Sky Shredder ceramic damage bonus added +2
- 3xx Fighter Plane missile pierce increased from 1 to 3
- 3xx Fighter Plane missile rate reduced from 3s to 4s
- 3xx Fighter Plane missile damage reduced 25 to 18
- 4xx Operation: Dart Storm Fighter Plane missile pierce increased from 1 to 4
- 4xx Operation: Dart Storm Fighter Plane missile rate reduced from 1.5s to 2s
- 5xx Sky Shredder Fighter Plane missile pierce increased from 1 to 5
- 5xx Sky Shredder Fighter Plane missile rate reduced from 1.5s to 2s
- Monkey Ace is now affected by the Carrier Flagship 15% speed buff effect
Bug fixes and other changesEdit
xx3 Neva-Miss Targeting Global Range tracking no longer stutters unreasonably
- Interestingly, this change appeared to affect other towers with seeking projectiles.
- This and the Heli Pilot are the only towers with aircraft.
- This tower seems to be based on the Sopwith Camel, a British World War One fighter plane. In Bloons TD 4, it looks similar to a Stratolaunch carrier plane (but is most likely just a Sopwith Camel).
- In Bloons TD 4, the Rapid Fire upgraded plane is very similar to the P-38 Lightning, while the monkey ace in Bloons TD 5 Operation: Dart Storm and Ground Zero are like the F-117. In addition, Spectre is just like the real AC-130.
- It is confirmed in Bloons Monkey City that the Spectre is based off the AC-130 as the special buiding required to unlock it is called the AC130 Construction Hangar .
- In Bloons TD 5, the Pineapple Present drops faster for 2 upgrades (Rapid Fire and Operation: Dart Storm).
- This is the first moving tower in the BTD series, with the second being the Heli Pilot.
- This tower is deadly in mass amounts, especially if upgraded to tier 3.
- An Operation: Dart Storm appears dropping a crate of cash in BTD5, when the player activates the Supply Drop ability.
- In Bloons TD 4, the pineapples will drop every time the plane shoots, no matter what upgrade. While in Bloons TD 5, it will just drop one Pineapple every 3 seconds, but some upgrades slightly decreases the time between drops.
- It is possible to beat all rounds in Bloons TD 4 by filling the screen with Monkey Aces upgraded once; however, this will create lots of lag and takes a long time as Aces in BTD4, Aces do not have a specified tower and you have to click on the exact plane you wish to upgrade.
- The Premium Upgrade Grilled Pineapples makes the Pineapples that the Monkey Ace drop explode after 1 second as well.
- Ground Zero, one of the last upgrades for the Monkey Ace, is very useful in higher levels since 2 of them can instantly pop B.F.B.s, leaving just M.O.A.B.s. The player will still need a way to pop Z.O.M.G.s, though.
- In BTD5, the icon for the Monkey Ace upgrade Spectre shows the ace dropping 2 bombs with words on both bombs that are hard to read, the first saying "From: Ace" and the second saying "To: Bloons".
- Both of the final upgrades are based off of real planes, the AC-130 and the B-2 Spirit Bomber for the Spectre and the Ground Zero respectively.
- In BTD5 Deluxe, the Ground Zero Ability does 1,000 damage instead of 350, instantly popping B.F.B.s. It also does 1,000 damage in BTD Battles.
- Despite the Monkey Ace having no set target (with the exception of Neva-Miss Targeting) the volley of darts will still not hit camo bloons without the Spy Plane upgrade.
- This is one of few Bloons power-ups that is inspired by the Tower Defense counterpart as opposed to vice-versa.
- In Bloons Monkey City, Darts from Neva-Miss Targeting will target Camo bloons but will not pop them without the Spy Plane upgrade.
- 2 Spectres can take out infinite Ceramics on most tracks.
- The Monkey ace is a biplane. Biplanes have two wings stacked on top of each other and they are connected by wires and struts to make one strong structure. The ace becomes a monoplane when at least x/3 or is 4/x.
- In Bloons Monkey City, there is a glitch that makes the Monkey Ace fly off the screen to switch back to the track you've selected when alternating between the 8 pattern and the O pattern. It comes back around when the pattern is changed, though.
- In BTD5, it attacks in a way similar to the Dartling Gun; between rounds, when there are no bloons coming, the Monkey Ace will not shoot darts.