|“||For when you're too big to fail...||”|
|~ BTD6 in-game description|
Monkey-Nomics is the fifth-tier path 2 upgrade for Banana Farm in Bloons Tower Defense 6. Monkeynomics, similar to IMF Loan and Monkey Bank, earns $230 each round and stores it in the bank, this number can be increased by $40 for each top path upgrade for a maximum of $310. Again, just like the IMF Loan's Monkey Bank income function, this bank can hold up to $10,000, but any amount of money can be withdrawn anytime. The bank also earns 15% interest each round, producing money exponentially each round.
It replaces the IMF Loan ability with a new ability. It still earns $10,000, but there's no loan to pay back. The cooldown for the ability is now 60 seconds instead of 90 seconds with no penalty (besides the fact that the ability can only be used two times per round, unless sold and rebought). Additionally, the Backroom Deals monkey knowledge affects the ability so that it provides $12,000 instead of $10,000, similar to IMF Loan.
It costs $85,000 on Easy, $100,000 on Medium, $108,000 on Hard, $120,000 on Impoppable.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Unlike IMF Loan, Monkey-Nomics's outer walls are made from bricks instead of metal plates, with a darker concrete color and not the teal color of IMF Loan. Monkey-Nomics also has two (or maybe three at the back) entrances besides the one at the front, which is the only one (or maybe two at the back) who has stairs and yellow stripe shaders above the three (or four) entrances. The eight orange windows now are four bigger yellow ones. The banana sign is remade to be a rectangle now and not just a picture of a banana. The roof also has nine (or 12) windows, three on each side and a yellow stripe flag on top.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Monkey-Nomics excels at providing massive income in later rounds, as it generally takes longer time to progress each round the further the game goes. In some cases in the late-game, it can make even more income than Monkey Bank spam, even with Bank Deposits. Additionally, it requires little management to repeatedly tap the ability compared to managing alternate forms of income.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This upgrade's high cost makes it fairly situational. It's most useful if the player is planning on going deep into Freeplay since the ability plus the bank functionality makes this arguably the most profitable Banana Farm upgrade when used on its own. If just playing a normal game up to round 100, though, normal Monkey Banks or IMF Loans should suffice.
- There is little to do when planning with this tower; simply use its ability whenever possible as using it gives an instant $10,000 with no income penalty.
- Always add the Backroom Deals MK if possible, as it increases this income gain to $12,000 per usage.
- It retains its bank's cash-generating properties, so make sure to collect its bank balance regularly.
- Be sure to try stalling the rounds as much as possible in order to get the maximum usage per round for Monkey-Nomics. Note that the cap for Monkey-Nomics ability is two times per round per Monkey-Nomics.
- Always add Energizer on the map for the 20% decreased cooldown for Monkey-Nomics. This will definitely increase viability of Monkey-Nomics because more abilities can be activated sooner.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to Version 8.0 nerf to income abilities, Monkey-Nomics had no initial cooldown. This meant that a Monkey-Nomics nearby two or more Favored Trades could be used to continuously activate the ability and gain a profit from selling and rebuying with re-activation of the new fresh ability.