- "Missile Launcher" redirects here. For the BTD3-BTD5 counterpart, see Missile Launcher (BTD3-BTD5).
|“||Exchanges bombs for missiles, which fire faster, fly faster, and increase range.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
Missile Launcher is the second upgrade to the Bomb Shooter in BTD6. It is a returning upgrade from BTD5. However, the BTD6 Missile Launcher upgrade does not add extra pierce as it did in previous versions. Instead, the Missile Launcher upgrade adds significantly faster projectile speed, slightly longer range (10%, or +4 range to be precise), and additional attack speed (from every 1.125s to every 0.90s, a +25% buff). This attack speed bonus is additional to the new preceding upgrade Faster Reload.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Missile Launcher looks like a small rocket launching station. The station has the same design as the Pre-Emptive Strike's missile silo. All subsequent upgrades have this quality as well. The missiles are launched off from the station. The size of the missile launching station is also a bit bigger than the Bomb Shooter. In BTD6, the missile now has a shark-like face.
When crosspathed with Path 2 upgrades, the Missile Launcher missiles becomes thicker with Bigger Bombs and gains dark stripes when crosspathed with Heavy Bombs. When crosspathed with Path 3, the Missile Launcher's missiles gain a target symbol on the "forehead" with Extra Range or a frag explosion symbol if with Frag Bombs.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Missile Launcher's main strengths come from its faster projectile speed and attack speed. While not a game-changing upgrade, it is helpful for chasing down faster bloons a bit more reliably. The Missile Launcher upgrade is often used as a crosspath for higher level upgrades in order to maximize the attack speed potential of the Bomb Shooter.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Missile Launcher can have an easier time chasing early fast bloons, but there are many other more reliable options for countering fast bloons, with the best examples being 2-0-1 Ninja Monkey, 1-0-2 Sniper Monkey, and x-x-2 Airburst Darts Sub.
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Missile Launcher now adds 15% attack speed to the Bomb Shooter (every 1.2s → 1.043s)
- Missile Launcher attacks faster (1.043s → 0.90s)
- Base pierce decreased (18 → 14)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like Faster Reload, the claim of +15% --> +20% is false; it's actually from +18% to +25% bonus. The claimed bonus attack speed is all due to how Ninja Kiwi determined attack cooldown decreases.