|“||Generates money each round and adds it to your total. No fuss.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Marketplace is the third upgrade of Path 3 for the Banana Farm in BTD6. It allows all of the farm's bananas to be automatically collected during the round rather than releasing banana bunches. It generates 16 groups of bananas worth $20, giving it a net income each round of $320.
It costs $2,465 on Easy, $2,900 on Medium, $3,130 on Hard, and $3,480 on Impoppable.
Marketplace strives for one overall goal in the lineage of Monkey Farm upgrades: string free, hands free income. Ultimately, this allows the player to manage towers, focus on the Bloons and timing of certain abilities, and thus makes this the easiest Banana Farm to place repeatedly throughout the map. If your strategy already requires heavy attention or micro-management, it may be best to consider purchasing Marketplace's to relieve you of the hassle.
Marketplaces can also generate additional lives outside Impoppable and CHIMPS mode with the "Healthy Bananas" Monkey Knowledge.
- Marketplace exceeds the return value of Banana Plantation by a lot. While both towers generate $320 per round, a 3-0-0 Banana Plantation costs $5350 on Medium whereas a 0-0-3 Marketplace costs $4600. Likewise, a 3-2-0 Banana Plantation costs $6450 on Medium whereas a 2-0-3 or 0-2-3 Marketplace costs $5700.
- As of version 18.0, there is no favorable crosspath for the tower without Monkey Knowledge. Both crosspaths will result in $400 generated per round at the same cost ($1100 on medium). If Monkey Knowledge is enabled, then crosspathing with the mid-path upgrades is recommended, as the marketplace will generate an additional $16 per round.
- Prior to this update, it was always recommended to crosspath with the top path, as there was no overall benefit from crosspathing with the mid-path.
- Compared to Monkey Bank, Marketplace is far more profitable in the short-term.
Marketplace costs more ($2600 --> $2900)
New MK "Healthy Bananas" allows Marketplaces to gain +1 life per round.
Marketplace produces +4 bananas per round, thereby increasing total income per round ($240 --> $320)
- Marketplace, along with subsequent upgrades Central Market and Monkey Wall Street, take clear inspiration from the original versions of Banana Farms from Bloons TD 4.