|“||Immobilizes MOAB-Class Bloons for a short time.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Maim MOAB is the fourth upgrade of Path 1 for the Sniper Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Sniper Monkey to temporarily stun MOAB-class bloons (MOABs are stunned for 3 seconds, BFBs are stunned for 1.5 seconds, and ZOMGs and DDTs are stunned for 0.75 seconds), as well as deal 30 damage per hit instead of 20, with an additional 15 damage to Ceramics for a total of 45. It can stun all MOAB-class bloons types except B.A.D.s, which cannot be stunned at all. Camo detection, upgradeable from the Night Vision Goggles crosspath, is required to attack and stun DDTs. With Shrapnel Shot, each shrapnel piece deals 6 damage instead of 4 from Deadly Precision, and stun MOAB-class bloons upon damaging.
It costs $4,250 on Easy, $5,000 on Medium, $5,400 on Hard, and $6,000 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
On higher rounds, especially Rounds 85, 94, 96, 97, and 98, one single Maim MOAB can almost completely stall in place one ZOMG when set on Strong immediately to Last. This will set the ZOMG far away from the map, leaving it almost completely behind all defenses. This is extremely useful to recharge abilities or specifically synergise with Perma-Spike to create absurdly large spike piles capable of defeating dense rounds.
Compared to other stalls, such as MOAB Glue, Bloon Sabotage, and Icicle Impale, Maim MOAB is better against single-target bloons, and using the Shrapnel Shot crosspath instead of Even Faster Firing does not outweigh the alternate options versus grouped bloons. While Maim MOAB struggles to compete in this regard, its easy stall makes it still useful.
Outside of that, Maim MOAB is decently powerful during the midgame and extremely helpful against DDTs during lategame by clumping them up when immobilising them.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- One Monkey Knowledge called "Cheaper Maiming" will reduce the cost of Maim MOAB by $1000, regardless of difficulty. This will save a significant amount of money when spamming Maim MOABs.
- Similar to most Sniper Monkey upgrades, it is best to set the Maim MOAB on Strong on most occasions. On a few select cases, such as attempting to increase the stockpile of Permaspike spike piles, setting one Maim MOAB on Last ensures that one single ZOMG remains unable to reach the map until it pops into BFBs.
- Do note that Strong targeting can cause MOABs to leak if a BFB is on the screen. Ensure your other towers can defeat these MOABs.
- When using 4-0-2, most of the time setting on Strong is better, but sometimes setting to Last is more important to focus on permastunning one single ZOMG rather than simply reducing progress of multiple ZOMGs.
- When using 4-2-0, place the Sniper such that the shrapnel can damage multiple MOAB-class bloons per shot. In these cases, setting on First or Close might suit better at certain angles.
- On Hard Difficulty, a single 4-0-0 Sniper costs $11,020 ($5400 + $3240 + $1620 + $380 + $380 = $11,020). This could be useful when planning budget spending for CHIMPS Mode, as income generation is banned during the game.
- Adding both Path 3 upgrades increases the total price per 4-0-2 Sniper to $11,880.
- Alternatively, adding both Path 2 upgrades increases the total price per 4-2-0 Sniper to $11,830.
- The better crosspath for Maim MOAB depends on the occasion. Use the 4-0-2 crosspath for near permastunning single ZOMGs. The 4-2-0 crosspath gains extra damage to the shrapnel and is better at stunning groups of MOAB-class, more specifically groups of BFBs or MOABs. Placement matters much more for a 4-2-0 Sniper, and try targeting the 4-2-0 Sniper such that it shoots opposite to the direction of the blimps.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Maim MOAB deals more damage (18 --> 30)
Correctly applies stun art.
No longer applies stun art to BADs.
Maim MOAB costs less ($7,000 --> $5,000)
Maim MOAB now deals +15 damage to Ceramics (from the Deadly Precision buff)
4-2-0 Maim MOAB increases Shrapnel Shot fragment damage (1 -> 3)
4-2-0 Maim MOAB increases Shrapnel Shot fragment damage (3 -> 6)
Affected by base Sniper attack speed buff
- Affected by 1-2-0 Sniper buff
- 4-2-0 Cripple MOAB shrapnel fragments now also benefit from stun
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The stun times for all MOAB-class bloons (except the BAD, which cannot be stunned at all) is greatest on the weakest blimps but least on the strongest bloons.
- While the damage increase is an objective buff, the damage buff makes its stalling last shorter, making it a nerf in certain cases.
- This upgrade is one of the few upgrades that replaces the role of a present Tier 5 upgrade of the same name that originated from BTD5. In this case, Maim MOAB replaces the role of Cripple MOAB.
- Maim MOAB since Version 12.0 is cheaper than the Cripple MOAB from Bloons TD Battles Mobile.