|“||Immobilizes MOAB-Class Bloons for a short time.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Maim MOAB is the fourth upgrade of Path 1 for the Sniper Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Sniper Monkey to temporarily stun M.O.A.B. Class Bloons, up to 3 seconds per hit, as well as deal 30 damage per hit instead of 18. It can stun all M.O.A.B. Class Bloon types except B.A.D.s, which cannot be stunned at all. Night Vision Goggles or other form of Camo detection is required to stun DDTs. It costs $5950 on Easy, $7000 on Medium, $7560 on Hard, and $8400 on Impoppable.
- The stun times for all MOAB-class bloons (except the BAD, which cannot be stunned at all) is greatest on the weakest bloons but least on the strongest bloons. MOABs are stunned for 3 seconds, BFBs are stunned for 1.5 seconds, and ZOMGs and DDTs are stunned for 0.75 seconds. This is not the case for the equivalent BTD5 Cripple MOAB, which stuns ZOMGs for a very short time (0.25 seconds to be exact), and couldn't stun DDTs in Bloons Monkey City Flash.
- One Monkey Knowledge called "Cheaper Maiming" will reduce the cost of Maim MOAB by $1000, regardless of difficulty. This will save a significant amount of money when spamming Maim MOABs.
- On Hard Difficulty, a single 4-0-0 Sniper costs $13,180 ($7560 + $3240 + $1620 + $380 + $380 = $13,180). This could be useful when planning budget spending for CHIMPS Mode, as income generation is banned during the game.
- Adding both Path 3 upgrades increases the total price per 4-0-2 Sniper to $14,040.
Maim MOAB allows the stunning of MOAB-class bloons, almost completely stunning most MOAB-class bloons. While it cannot completely stall ZOMGs, it is enough to provide enough time for other defenses to recharge. As a result, Maim MOAB becomes a useful tower on many CHIMPS Mode games, particularly in combination with towers that are highly dependent on improving strength based upon time, such as Permaspike or ability-heavy defenses.
Compared to other stalls, such as MOAB Glue, Bloon Sabotage, and Icicle Impale, Maim MOAB is only good on single-target bloons. Compared to MOAB Glue or Icicle Impale, Maim MOAB is poor against DDTs, since DDTs are too fast for a single Maim MOAB to stall them all within minimal time. However, the advantage of Maim MOAB unique to other forms of stalls is that it can stun MOAB-class bloons from very long distances away, provided Line of Sight does not restrict its targeting vision, without the need of abilities whatsoever.
On higher rounds, especially Rounds 85, 94, 96, 97, and 98, one single Maim MOAB can almost completely stall in place one ZOMG when set on Strong immediately to Last. This will set the ZOMG far away from the map, leaving it almost completely behind all defenses. This will provide more time for other towers to deal with all other bloons on screen, which should help alleviate the pain of heavy groups of bloons slightly. As a result, the defense can become stronger overall due to the extra time that time-dependent upgrades are able to utilize.
Maim MOAB deals more damage (18 --> 30)
Correctly applies stun art.
No longer applies stun art to BADs.
- This upgrade is one of the only upgrade that replaces the role of a present Tier-5 upgrade of the same name that originated from BTD5. In this case, Maim MOAB replaces the role of Cripple MOAB.