|“||Super-Hard-Rending-Engine-Driven-Razors shred MOAB-Class Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 upgrade description|
MOAB SHREDR is the 3rd upgrade for Path 2 for the Spike Factory in Bloons Tower Defense 6. All spikes from this Spike Factory will deal +4 damage to MOAB-class bloons, inflicting up to 5 damage to those bloon types per spike. One single spike pile alone can deal up to 25 damage to a single MOAB-class bloon from its default 5 spikes per pile, and it can be increased with Bigger Stacks. Unlike in BTD5, upgrading to the MOAB SHREDR upgrade does not grant the Spike Factory with a substantial attack speed bonus.
It costs $2125 on Easy, $2500 on Medium, $2700 on Hard, and $3000 on Impoppable.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
MOAB SHREDR excels most at MOAB damage, but due to the nature of its attack, it requires time to build up its spikes and specific usage to prevent its spikes from being wasted on bloons, which it deals little damage to. This makes it difficult to use to its maximum potential.
Therefore, it is generally only used as a MOAB damager on rounds with few but, most notably Round 100, or as a stepping stone to Spike Storm.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is almost always better off going for 2-3-0 than 0-3-2 MOAB SHREDR, because the double pierce usually is far more efficient than the bonus target priorities and slight start-of-round speed boost. In addition, the White Hot Spikes upgrade allows popping of Leads and Frozens, and can be a big help against fighting DDTs.
- 0-3-2 outputs more overall stockpile damage on longer maps, due to the much increased spike lifespan from Long Reach and the brief start-of-round attack speed bonus from Smart Spikes.
- MOAB SHREDR deals far more DPS versus MOAB-class bloons for its cost than any other Tier 3 Spike Factory or below. Even when a 0-3-0 MOAB SHREDR is compared to a 3-2-0 Spiked Balls or a maxed out 0-2-3 Long Life Spikes, MOAB SHREDR ends up outbeating either two at simply MOAB-class damage. Bear in mind that the optimal Tier 3 Spike Factory competitors work better at tanking normal bloons, however.
Version History[edit | edit source]
MOAB SHREDR is now cheaper ($3000 --> $2500)
MOAB SHREDR deals increased damage to MOAB-class (4 --> 5)
- Base projectile lifespan reduced from 70s to 50s
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- MOAB SHREDR is the only upgrade in the entire franchise whose upgrade name consists of only capital letters and spaces. The IFR upgrade also consists of only capital letters and no lowercase letters, but there are no spaces in the name of the aforementioned upgrade.