|“||Heavy Kylie boomerang hits MOAB-Class Bloons multiple times per throw and sometimes knocks them back a short way along the path.||”|
|~ In-game Description|
MOAB Press is the fourth upgrade of Path 3 for the Boomerang Monkey in Bloons TD 6. It adds an additional boomerang attack that pushes back MOAB-Class Bloons while dealing 5 damage per 0.1s contact, inflicting an average of 70 damage on MOAB-class per special boomerang. The pierce of these special boomerang attacks is 200 (300 with Improved Rangs, and 420 with Glaives). These special boomerang attacks trigger only on any MOAB-class bloon except BADs, and are thrown every 10.0s (every 7.5s with Faster Throwing or every 5.625s with Faster Rangs).
The following is a list of statistics of a Boomerang Monkey with MOAB Press. It includes its base statistics and all associated crosspathing interactions. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
- Base stats
- Projectile, normal type, detects partial hitbox, 49.5 range, 1.42s attack cooldown, 2 damage, 18 pierce. Can rehit after 0.3s.
- Heavy Kylie:
- Projectile, targest non-BAD Bloons, knocks back MOAB-Class Bloons, 10s attack cooldown, 1 damage, 5 damage to MOAB-Class Bloons, 300 pierce. Can rehit after 1.0s.
- Crosspathing interactions
- Kyle Boomerang pierce increased to 22 (+4).
- Heavy Kylie pierce increased to 300 (+100).
- Kylie Boomerang gains another extra pierce up to 27 (+5). Initial attack cooldown reduced to 1.207s.
- Heavy Kylie pierce increased to 420 (+120) and knocks back 50% further.
- Kylie Boomerang attacks faster, 1.065s (-25%) per shot.
- Heavy Kylie attacks every 7.5s (-25%) instead of 10s.
- Kylie Boomerang attacks even faster, 0.8s (-25%) per shot.
- Heavy Kylie attacks every 5.625s (-25%) instead of 10s.
- See also: Damage Types/Bloons TD 6/Primary
The following are a list of wiki-written damage types associated by a Boomerang Monkey with MOAB Press. These damage type statistics include how it attacks and how these attacks would affect bloons. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
- Base attack(s)
MOAB Press is an extremely powerful tower in the game as its cheap price allows it to be easily tagged on to many defenses. In combination with most other blimp stallers, most notably MOAB Glue, it is able to use its strong pushback and decent damage to support other towers weak against hyperdense rounds. In an strategy with a high number of MOAB Presses, it is possible for it to serve as the main MOAB DPS tower.
The weaknesses of MOAB Press comes from their poor ceramic-popping power, as well as poor popping power versus DDTs and BADs, but usually towers such as 3-2-0 Spiked Balls army or 0-2-5 Permaspike can handle those weaknesses easily and work in tandem to create an extremely powerful strategy.
- MOAB Press is an extremely strong tower dealing fair damage to MOABs while pushing them back. While it has most seen use on Round 100 to push back spawned ZOMGs, it is still extremely useful in the rounds before due to its low price.
- Adding the Glaives upgrade provides the special boomerang attacks with +50% extra knockback and just over double pierce, which works wonders versus large groups of blimps, especially rounds such as Round 96 and Round 98.
- Although both the base Kylie Boomerang attack and the special boomerang attacks already have very high pierce (18 pierce and 200 pierce respectively), Path 2 is often seen as more favorable, but crosspathing with Path 1 will benefit the MOAB Press better against higher-density rounds, which works towards its main strength.
- For most situations, it is more worth going for Path 1 over Path 2, to greatly push back dense groups of blimps, working with its main strength. Having a good number of 2-0-4 MOAB Presses can actually handle difficult grouped blimp rounds pretty well, especially along straight lines. Add Path 1 for spaced or faster blimps to either fill in the lack of knockback between 2-0-4 MOAB Press attacks or to apply more consistent knockback onto specific targets. Groups of 0-2-4 MOAB Presses can be used to knock back faster blimps (including the Round 40 MOAB) at the cost of lower pierce potential and knockback force against higher-tier MOAB-Class Bloons compared to 2-0-4 press.
- If getting to MOAB Domination is desired, then the 0-2-4 crosspath is preferred for the specific tower that would become the Tier 5 counterpart.
- MOAB Press is very potent in combination with MOAB Glue, due to its cheap price and slowing capabilities, allowing MOAB Press to affect more blimps with one heavy boomerang. Since both of these are primary towers, using a top-path Village to boost them is ideal.
- Because MOAB Presses push blimps by a set amount of units, rather than by a percentage speed backwards, adding MOAB Glue will additionally make the MOAB Press's knockback effect significantly more apparent. Other stalling towers will apply a similar effect.
- MOAB Press also appreciates other stallers such as Icicle Impale and Striker Jones, but they are harder to add on to a strategy compared to the cheaper MOAB Glue.
- MOAB Press armies benefit greatly from Primary Mentoring, saving a good amount of money per MOAB Press while also boosting range of each MOAB Press.
- Adding an army of MOAB Presses can be used to inflict massive stalling power and damage against MOAB-class bloons besides DDTs and BADs. Pair with towers that are suitable for countering Ceramics, DDTs, and BADs, as these are the only main weaknesses for MOAB Press armies.
- 3-2-0 Spiked Balls army or 0-2-5 Permaspike can be used to clean up the Ceramics underneath.
- 2-4-0 Spike Storm or 0-2-5 Permaspike + Acidic Mixture Dip can be used to handle both DDTs and BADs.
- Having a large MOAB Press army + The Biggest One is surprisingly good at beating high-density blimp rounds on moderate length maps, as The Biggest One counters the Ceramic weaknesses, while the MOAB Press army deals with the high-HP blimps.
- If possible, place MOAB Press so that it throws in a straight line against the direction of the track, so that each special boomerang attack can hit the same MOAB-class bloon more often, thereby inflicting much more knockback and damage to the affected MOAB-class bloons.
- Because the special boomerang can activate as soon as the upgrade is bought, it is possible to buy-and-resell a MOAB Press to deliberately knockback blimps backwards at will. When used for the purposes of buy-and-resell, it is better off using the 2-0-4 crosspath, but be sure to buy the Glaives upgrade before upgrading to MOAB Press in order to add the extra knockback benefits.
- MOAB Press's upgrade icon features a boomerang moving in a curve. Although the main Kylie boomerang attack is thrown straight, the visible yellow throwing wave with the MOAB Press attack is actually slightly curved upwards.