- "MOAB Mauler" redirects here. For the BTD4/5 counterpart, see MOAB Mauler (BTD4-BTD5).
|“||MOAB Maulers do much more damage to MOAB-Class Bloons and ceramics.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
MOAB Mauler (sometimes shortened to Mauler) is an upgrade to the Bomb Shooter in BTD6. This upgrade returns as the third upgrade of Path 2, like in BTD5. Unlike BTD5, it shoots missiles that deal +18 damage to MOAB-class bloons instead of 10 damage, along with +5 damage to Ceramics. It still deals 1 damage to normal bloons. Additionally, MOAB Mauler adds bonus range on top of the Missile Launcher upgrade.
- Main article: MOAB Mauler/Strategies
The MOAB Mauler is a cheap option to bolster your MOAB defense mid-game. You can choose to use it as your main form of MOAB popping by using many MOAB Maulers, or buy a small amount for support. The latter is usually considered, as many good towers deal well with MOABs already, and it can be quite tedious to buy many MOAB Maulers. Consider using it, especially if when paired with Striker Jones as your active hero.
- Always set the targeting of your MOAB Mauler to Strong unless you need to hit another blimp/ceramic earlier.
- Place MOAB Maulers at the start of the track, as this is the area where blimps will spawn in.
- Pair the MOAB Mauler with anti-bloon towers such as Recursive Cluster as it is not strong enough to deal with MOABs on its own.
- The MOAB Mauler can be be used in tandem with the Top Path Monkey Village very well. It gains a small buff from Primary Training, while Primary Expertise provides excellent Ceramic popping power and decreases the cost of the MOAB Mauler massively by making the first two upgrades free.
- If you are planning to use MOAB Maulers or Striker Jones, it is very useful to utilise the other as they synergise well.
- For crosspaths, the top path increases its damage (including all bloons and blimps) by 1, pierce by 10 and explosion radius, while the bottom path extends its range by 17.5% and adds frags. There is not dominant crosspath, but top path can be useful in case the extra damage or pierce is needed, while the bottom path extends the range, which can be bought for a slight buff, while the Frag Bombs upgrade allows the MOAB Mauler to pop blacks and also slightly increase its bloon popping power.
- Frag Bombs (x-x-2) is better against spaced blimps, due to increased range bonuses. while Bigger Bombs (1-x-x) is better against grouped blimps, due to its explosion size being more than double the 0-3-0 explosion size. Heavy Bombs is not really required for an effective MOAB Mauler against grouped blimps, as it only provides 1 extra damage, though every little extra damage still counts.
MOAB Mauler deals more damage to MOAB-class (11 --> 16)
MOAB Mauler now has increased attack speed from the Missile Launcher upgrade (every 1.2s --> 1.02s)
MOAB Mauler now deals +5 damage to Ceramics as well.
Base MOAB Mauler range increased from 44 to 49
MOAB Mauler deals more damage to MOAB-class (16 --> 19)
- Version 12.0's description for MOAB Mauler has changed to include the words "...and ceramics" (in lowercase) at the end of the official description to accommodate the extra Ceramic damage buff.