|“||Massive damage to MOABs and Assassinate ability deals 6x damage with a short cooldown.||”|
|~ In-game description|
MOAB Eliminator functions similarly to MOAB Assassin, but increases its base damage and activated ability, boosting the ability's damage to 4,500 and reducing its cooldown to 10 seconds instead of 30 seconds, which makes its ability more viable against tougher MOAB-Class Bloons, especially versus ZOMGs and BADs. It also increases the main tower's attack damage versus MOAB-class Bloons to 100 damage per shot. In addition, its main missile attacks can now pop bloons with Black Bloon properties. Camo detection is still required for it to target DDTs either way.
This upgrade is significantly larger than its predecessor, but still retains the black missiles; however the stripe, as well as the fins, and the area beneath the eyes, are all painted green, and it gains a large green target symbol on its forehead.
MOAB Eliminator deals 6x more damage than MOAB Assassin with its ability, for a total of 4,500 (still unable to penetrate MOAB layers) and with a cooldown of only 10 seconds.
It additionally increases MOAB damage to 100 per shot, and the missiles can now pop Black Bloons.
MOAB Eliminator targets bloons using the standard targeting priorities. Its main attack shoots straight movement projectiles.
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
MOAB Eliminator's ability missile is locked on Strong and only targets MOAB-class bloons.
- Updated as of Version 32.0. Listed prices exclude external buffs, any sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
The MOAB Eliminator is amazing at demolishing ZOMGs and BADs with its ability and directly removes Round 100 as a threat. Additionally, it contributes decent damage against MOABs and BFBs with its main attack. However, at a higher cost compared to alternate anti-MOAB abilities such as First Strike Capability on maps with water and Spike Storm on most other maps, MOAB Eliminator often gets outclassed in that manner. Its ability struggles against high density of ZOMGs and even multiple BADs, though most rounds in standard games including CHIMPS normally will not be a problem for MOAB Eliminator's single-target expertise except Round 98 and Round 99. That being said, Striker Jones is the best support with MOAB Eliminator, particularly with his Level 20 Artillery Command ability that both resets ability cooldowns and temporarily doubles damage for all attacks including abilities.
MOAB Eliminator sees the most use in sell-and-rebuy strategies for getting rid of singular high-HP blimps. On CHIMPS, however, where selling is disabled, it sees high usage on Cluster Bombs spam strategies to assist the grouped popping of Cluster spam, paired particularly with Striker Jones for his explosive benefits.
- Crosspathing with the top path maximizes the splash damage from the main attack of the MOAB Eliminator, while crosspathing with the bottom path grants extra range that would allow the MOAB Eliminator to have a greater reach against further away MOAB-class bloons.
- To fully maximize the MOAB Eliminator's special ability, use towers or monkeys that can further reduce its cooldown, such as Energizer, Striker Jones, and Primary Mentoring or Primary Expertise.
- In fact, Striker Jones pairs extremely well with MOAB Eliminator. He buffs the main attack with +20% attack speed, +25% pierce, and +5% range. His Artillery Command ability resets the MOAB Eliminator special ability, although MOAB Eliminator already has a fast cooldown, but at level 20 it also doubles the damage from both refreshed ability and its main attacks. Finally, his Concussive Shell can almost permanently stall blimps in front of the Eliminator.
- This ability is one of four in the game that does not have an initial cooldown (the other three being Pirate Lord, Absolute Zero, and Total Transformation). Players can utilize this by being able to sell and repeatedly use the Eliminator multiple times in quick succession. While quite expensive compared to other anti-BAD options, this can be very effective when dealing with the B.A.D on Round 100, as 7 uses of it can completely destroy it (6 if Big Bloon Sabotage MK is enabled). However, every selling of the tower will only refund 70% of the cost (75% if Better Sell Deals MK is enabled) and this also cannot be utilized in C.H.I.M.P.S. mode, as selling towers is prohibited.
- This is very useful with Tech Bot since it will auto-activate the ability. The ability will not be wasted from use against a single MOAB-class bloon.
- It pairs successfully with Cluster Bombs spam to support the general high-HP weaknesses of such other towers.
When activated Assassinate MOAB Ability:
- In v2.0, while the ability did have a faster recharge time, the damage was not 4 times as much as the MOAB Assassin, but rather 6 times as much (the Assassin does 750 damage, while the Eliminator does 4,500).
- The Eliminator missile strongly resembles the activated ability BTD5 MOAB Assassin's missile.
- An activated Eliminator's ability plays the same chime tone to the First Strike Capability ability activation sound.
- MOAB Eliminator is tied with Adora's Blood Sacrifice by having the shortest ability cooldown in BTD6, at only 10 seconds.