|“||Special knockback kylies trigger more often and do lots of extra damage.||”|
|~ In-game Description|
MOAB Domination is the fifth and final upgrade of path 3 for the Boomerang Monkey in BTD6. This upgrade doubles the range of the special Kylie boomerangs, briefly stuns the affected blimp(s) for 0.25s before knocking them back, and increases damage to 25 per 0.1 second contact, as well as dealing a powerful burning explosion upon projectile expiry. The explosion deals 100 damage and deals a 50 damage per 1s burn for 4 seconds to up to 40 bloons (50 with Glaives), with an explosion radius of 50 (75 with Glaives).
The MOAB Domination upgrade also enhances the main boomerang to deal 12 damage and doubles the attack speed of both the normal attack and the special Kylie attack.
The following is a list of statistics of a Boomerang Monkey with MOAB Domination. It includes its base statistics and all associated crosspathing interactions. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
- Base stats
- Projectile, normal type, detects partial hitbox, 49.5 range, 0.71s attack cooldown, 12 damage, 18 pierce. Can rehit after 0.3s.
- Heavy Kylie:
- Projectile, targets MOAB-Class Bloons, knocks back non-BAD MOAB-Class Bloons, 100 range, 5.0s attack cooldown, 1 damage, 20 damage to MOAB-Class Bloons, 200 pierce. can rehit after 1st frame and every 0.1s after.
- Creates explosion instead of returning. Explosion deals normal type, 100 damage, 20 pierce, and applies burn status 50 damage per second, latss for 4 seconds.
- Crosspathing interactions
- Kyle Boomerang pierce increased to 22 (+4).
- Heavy Kylie pierce increased to 300 (+100).
- Kylie Boomerang gains another extra pierce up to 27 (+5). Initial attack cooldown reduced to 0.6035s.
- Heavy Kylie pierce increased to 420 (+120) and knocks back 50% further.
- Kylie Boomerang attacks faster, 0.5325s (-25%) per shot.
- Heavy Kylie attacks every 3.75s (-25%) instead of 5s.
- Kylie Boomerang attacks even faster, 0.3994s (-25%) per shot.
- Heavy Kylie attacks every 2.8125s (-25%) instead of 3.75s.
- See also: Damage Types/Bloons TD 6/Primary
The following are a list of wiki-written damage types associated by a Boomerang Monkey with MOAB Domination. These damage type statistics include how it attacks and how these attacks would affect bloons. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
- Base attack(s)
- Knockback Kylie:
- Other damage source(s)
The MOAB Domination is a mixed knockback plus damage option, acting as a somewhat mix between a stronger MOAB Press and Blooncineration. Like MOAB Press, MOAB Domination is a strong option at dealing with all blimps other than DDTs and BADs, due to the combined damage and knockback powers of its special boomerangs, but due to the added explosions and damage-over-time effect added to expired special boomerangs it inflicts quite high grouped blimp damage and even handling some of the bloons inside if used correctly. Although stronger versus regular bloons, it still struggles versus Super Ceramics in the late-game unless there are blimps on screen for it to trigger its special boomerangs. MOAB Domination's works really well with the 0-2-5 Perma-Spike + Stronger Stimulant, which handles MOAB Domination's greatest weaknesses.
- MOAB Domination is highly effective against MOAB-class bloons, especially MOABs, BFBs, and ZOMGs. (Even more so for the immense knockback with its special boomerangs). When placed near the end of the map, it can knockback MOAB-class bloons back considerably, especially ZOMGs.
- Unlike MOAB Press, MOAB Domination is usually better with the 0-2-5 crosspath, as the increased attack speed is generally far superior over the increased knockback or the increased explosive pierce and explosion radius from Glaives crosspath.
- It is poor at popping ordinary bloons, considering its main attack only has a relatively low 18 pierce for its high price.
- It can target BADs and deal rather decent damage to them. However, it's better off using other towers such as First Strike Capability for damaging BADs, as it is poor against those types.
- When ultrabuffed with Ultraboost, Permanent Brew, and True Sun God support sacrifices, MOAB Domination is an effective option for destroying anything below BADs.
- To compliment the MOAB Domination and its weaknesses against Super Ceramics and DDTs, add Permaspike + Stronger Stimulant to assist popping Super Ceramics and DDTs.
- For the BAD, which it tends to struggle against in terms of overall DPS, use an effective anti-BAD tower such as First Strike Capability or Level 20 Ezili's MOAB Hex ability.
- The range for the special Kylie boomerangs noticeably increases with a Monkey Village nearby, especially with Primary Training. As such, it can be used to increase the range at which they can start targeting blimps.
- [26.1, likely also 26.0] 2-0-5 MOAB Domination did not receive the explosion pierce buff, meaning explosions still does 30 pierce instead of 50.
- In Version 2.0, the MOAB Press upgrade, the preceding upgrade of MOAB Domination, was nerfed so that its special MOAB-knockback boomerangs no longer had infinite range. This was not the case for MOAB Domination, which during its time had kept its special infinite-ranged special MOAB-knockback boomerangs.
- In Version 7.0, its special MOAB-knockback boomerangs no longer have infinite range; instead they are limited to 100 range (approximately the range of 3 Dart Monkey radii).
- In Version 17.0, the buff that allows MOAB Domination to briefly stun blimps with the special knockback boomerang before knocking them back was specifically designed to make it more reliable at knocking back DDTs, as explained by NK employee Rohan. He written that comment down on the pinned comment at this Reddit link for the official Version 17.0 patch notes.
- On Version 18.0, the artwork for MOAB Domination was flipped to face rightwards.
- Following the 19.0 buff, the addition of damage-over-time for the secondary attack caused both the MOAB Domination and Glaive Lord damage-over-time to become a burning effect. In 19.1, this was changed to the slash effect for both towers, which means that the appearance had become incorrect for MOAB Domination. Link.
- This was fixed yet again on Version 19.2; now Glaive Lord correctly uses the shred DoT effect, and the MOAB Domination correctly uses the burning DoT effect.