- "MOAB Assassin" redirects here. For the BTD5 counterpart, see MOAB Assassin (BTD5).
|“||Assassinate MOAB ability: Special missile flies out and does massive damage to MOAB-Class Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
MOAB Assassin (sometimes shortened to Assassin) is the fourth upgrade of Path 2 for the Bomb Shooter in BTD6. It is a returning upgrade from BTD5, granting a new ability that deals 750 damage to the strongest non-camo MOAB-class bloon on screen, with a cooldown of 30 seconds. Alongside its new ability, it shoots missiles that deal +25 damage to MOAB-class bloons, along with +4 damage to Ceramics, while still dealing 1 damage to all other non-black bloons. Additionally, MOAB Assassin adds bonus range on top of the MOAB Mauler upgrade, which in itself has extra range on top of Missile Launcher.
- Main article: MOAB Assassin/Strategies
MOAB Assassin is primarily an upgrade for immediate destruction of either early MOABs or as additional single-blimp popping power. Due to its infinite range, it can be used as a suitable method of evading the Round 40 MOAB layer or the Round 40 Fortified MOAB layer. Alternately, it can be used to fight off stronger single-target blimps. Pair with Striker Jones for the opportunity to reset cooldowns for the MOAB Assassin abilities and therefore inflict even more damage whenever it is necessary.
- Try using multiple MOAB Maulers if possible, as it is usually more effective overall in terms of DPS. However, MOAB Assassins can be very handy on multi-lane maps such as Quad where multiple bloons spawn from different lanes, or any map where the long-ranged ability attacks would come in most handy.
- Most strategies for utilizing MOAB Assassin's main missile attacks can be utilized based on that for the normal MOAB Mauler. As such, it is important to be setting a MOAB Assassin's target priority on Strong and to use the 0-4-2 crosspath against spaced blimps or 1-4-0 crosspath against grouped blimps, and it is particularly more important due to its increased MOAB-class damage.
- Unlike BTD5 or BMC, MOAB Assassin ability can neither target non-MOAB-class nor target DDTs with camo properties. As such, be sure to have effective backup against either bloon types.
- Initial release (compared to BTD5)
MOAB Assassin ability can no longer attack camo bloons without camo detection.
MOAB Assassin ability can no longer be activated when no MOAB-Class bloons are on screen. While this is technically a decrease in power, it can actually be advantageous. This is because it prevents the ability from being accidentally wasted.
MOAB Assassin ability now has increased damage (700 --> 750)
MOAB Assassin missile now deals more damage to MOAB-class bloons (11 --> 16)
MOAB Assassin now has increased attack speed from the Missile Launcher upgrade (every 1.2s --> 1.02s)
MOAB Assassin main attack now deals +5 damage to Ceramics
Base MOAB Assassin range increased from 44 to 54
MOAB Assassin main attack deals more damage to MOAB-class (16 --> 19)
MOAB Assassin attacks faster (1.02s --> 0.9s)
MOAB Assassin deals more MOAB-class damage (+18 --> +25)
MOAB Assassin deals less Ceramic damage (+5 --> +4)
- MOAB Assassin's ability missile uses exactly the same sprite as the normal MOAB Assassin attack missile. The same applies to MOAB Eliminator.