|“||Assassinate MOAB Ability: Special missile flies out and does massive damage to MOAB class Bloons. Regular attack range and MOAB-class damage also increased.||”|
|~ In-game description|
MOAB Assassin (sometimes shortened to Assassin) is the fourth upgrade of Path 2 for the Bomb Shooter in Bloons TD 6. It grants a new ability that fires a missile dealing 750 damage to the strongest non-camo MOAB-class bloon on screen and creates a 3 damage explosion with 100 pierce when the missile explodes, with a cooldown of 30 seconds. Alongside its new ability, its missiles now deal 31 damage to MOAB-class bloons (instead of 16) and 5 damage to Ceramics, while still dealing 1 damage to all other bloons. Additionally, MOAB Assassin adds +5 range on top of the MOAB Mauler upgrade, which in itself has extra range on top of Missile Launcher.
This upgrade retains the same missile base as the preceding upgrades, only this time with a black missile bearing a red stripe around the fins.
Path 1 crosspathing visibly fattens the missile's nose and adds a red stripe around the eyes.
Path 2 crosspathing adds either a red target or explosion symbol on the forehead of the missile.
MOAB Assassin gains the Assassinate MOAB ability, dealing 750 damage to the strongest MOAB on screen (this is unable to penetrate the layer) with a cooldown of 30 seconds. The missile also possesses splash damage, dealing 3 damage to up to 100 bloons.
Additionally, it gains +12 MOAB damage, for 31 total, as well as +4 Ceramic damage, for a total of 5. It also further enhances range by 5, for a total of 54.
MOAB Assassin targets bloons using the standard targeting priorities. Its main attack shoots straight movement projectiles.
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
MOAB Assassin's ability missile is locked on Strong and only targets MOAB-class bloons.
- Updated as of Version 32.0. Listed prices exclude external buffs, any sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
- Main article: MOAB Assassin/Strategies
MOAB Assassin's main power comes from its single-target damage through its ability. MOAB Assassin is most commonly seen used in tandem with Striker Jones against rounds with spaced and isolated MOABs, especially Round 100, or sometimes against early isolated MOABs such as the Round 40 MOAB or the Round 40 Fortified MOAB in ABR. Pair with Striker Jones for the opportunity to reset cooldowns for the MOAB Assassin abilities and double damage on the second activation at level 20. With Striker Jones' Artillery Command, MOAB Assassin is very efficient DPS ignoring grouped damage.
- As a damage tower, MOAB Maulers tend to be more efficient in terms of grouped popping power as they are more spammable, especially with Primary Mentoring. However, to optimize mauling of MOABs, the best candidate Maulers to promote are those that are close to Villages and the main line of defense.
- Most strategies for utilizing MOAB Assassin's main missile attacks can be utilized based on that for the previous tier MOAB Mauler. As such, 1-4-0 tends to be the preferred crosspath for the increased pierce and blast radius.
- Striker Jones and Top Path Villages are great buffs, as they not only buff MOAB Assassin itself, but also synergise with other towers that are great MOAB Assassin partners.
- Unlike BTD5 or BMC, MOAB Assassin ability can neither target non-MOAB-class nor target DDTs with camo properties. As such, be sure to have effective backup against either bloon types.
- MOAB Assassin gains bonus Ceramic damage, but it is highly cost-inefficient as Ceramic popping power. As with Mauler spam strategies, use alternate defenses for countering Ceramics, especially Super Ceramics. Cryo Cannon and Bloon Impact are among several examples of such.
When activated Assassinate MOAB Ability:
- MOAB Assassin's ability missile uses the same exact model as the normal MOAB Assassin attack missile. The same applies to MOAB Eliminator.
- A 0-4-0 MOAB Assassin is the cheapest tower to be able to be affected by Striker Jones' Artillery Command ability before he reaches Level 20. In the opposite side of the spectrum, a 2-0-5 Bomb Blitz is the most expensive tower under the same conditions, the second being 2-5-0 Pop and Awe if excluding all possible Bomb Blitz crosspaths.