- "MOAB Assassin" redirects here. For the BTD5 counterpart, see MOAB Assassin (BTD5).
|“||Assassinate MOAB ability: Special missile flies out and does massive damage to MOAB-Class Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
MOAB Assassin (sometimes shortened to Assassin) is the fourth upgrade of Path 2 for the Bomb Shooter in BTD6. It is a returning upgrade from BTD5, granting a new ability that fires a missile dealing 750 damage to the strongest non-camo MOAB-class bloon on screen and creates a 3 damage explosion with 100 pierce when the missile explodes, with a cooldown of 30 seconds. Alongside its new ability, it now shoots missiles that deal +25 damage to MOAB-class bloons (instead of +18), while still dealing +4 damage to ceramics and 1 damage to all other non-black bloons. Additionally, MOAB Assassin adds bonus range on top of the MOAB Mauler upgrade, which in itself has extra range on top of Missile Launcher.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Main article: MOAB Assassin/Strategies
Summary[edit | edit source]
MOAB Assassin is most commonly seen used in tandem with Striker Jones against rounds with spaced and isolated MOABs, especially Round 100, or sometimes against early isolated MOABs such as the Round 40 MOAB layer or the Round 40 Fortified MOAB layer. Pair with Striker Jones for the opportunity to reset cooldowns for the MOAB Assassin abilities and double damage on the second activation at level 20. With Striker Jones' Artillery Command, MOAB Assassin is very efficient DPS ignoring grouped damage.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In terms of using MOAB Assassin as a damage tower, MOAB Maulers tend to be more efficient in terms of grouped popping power as they are more spammable, especially with Primary Mentoring.
- Most strategies for utilizing MOAB Assassin's main missile attacks can be utilized based on that for the previous tier MOAB Mauler. As such, 1-4-0 tends to be the preferred crosspath for the increased pierce and blast radius.
- Striker Jones and Top Path Villages are great buffs, as they not only buff MOAB Assassin itself, but also synergise with other towers that are great MOAB Assassin partners.
- Unlike BTD5 or BMC, MOAB Assassin ability can neither target non-MOAB-class nor target DDTs with camo properties. As such, be sure to have effective backup against either bloon types.
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Initial release (compared to BTD5)
MOAB Assassin ability can no longer attack camo bloons without camo detection.
MOAB Assassin ability can no longer be activated when no MOAB-Class bloons are on screen. While this is technically a decrease in power, it can actually be advantageous. This is because it prevents the ability from being accidentally wasted.
MOAB Assassin ability now has increased damage (700 --> 750)
MOAB Assassin missile now deals more damage to MOAB-class bloons (11 --> 16)
MOAB Assassin now has increased attack speed from the Missile Launcher upgrade (every 1.2s --> 1.02s)
MOAB Assassin main attack now deals +5 damage to Ceramics
Base MOAB Assassin range increased from 44 to 54
MOAB Assassin main attack deals more damage to MOAB-class (16 --> 19)
MOAB Assassin attacks faster (1.02s --> 0.9s)
MOAB Assassin deals more MOAB-class damage (+18 --> +25)
MOAB Assassin deals less Ceramic damage (+5 --> +4)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- MOAB Assassin's ability missile uses exactly the same sprite as the normal MOAB Assassin attack missile. The same applies to MOAB Eliminator.