|“||Multiple Object Advanced Ricochet greatly enhances the already extraordinary powers of the Glaive Ricochet Monkey.||”|
|~ In-game description|
M.O.A.R. Glaives (sometimes referred to as MOAR Glaives) is the fourth upgrade of Path 1 for the Boomerang Monkey in Bloons TD 6. It doubles many of the Boomerang Monkey's ricocheting effects. It doubles the Boomerang Monkey's attack speed, doubles pierce (from 50 to 100), substantially increases projectile speed of glaives, and glaives have increased jump distance for ricocheting from 62.5 units to 187.5 units.
The M.O.A.R. Glaives wears a light gray hood with a dark gray X on it, dark gray gloves, and a light gray cape. The Portrait artwork shows the cape to be in the air with two other glaives, with the monkey about to throw a glaive.
Crosspathing with path 1 converts the black X symbol into three intersecting, then two parallel, cyan lines.
Crosspathing with path 2 gives the monkey red gloves and colors the stripes, and the glaives, yellow with orange lining.
M.O.A.R. Glaives attacks twice as fast, for an attack cooldown of 0.6 seconds, doubles glaive pierce, for a total of 100, and massively increases the ricochet distance from 62.5 units to 187.5 units.
MOAR Glaives targets bloons using the standard targeting priorities. Like Glaive Ricochet, MOAR Glaives shoots a straight movement projectile that can sharply turn with aggressive seeking upon collision with a bloon.
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
Like all Boomerang Monkeys, MOAR Glaives can access Change Hands secondary targeting priority to switch hands, changing the origin and direction of the boomerangs.
The following is a list of statistics of a Boomerang Monkey with M.O.A.R. Glaives. It includes its base statistics and all associated crosspathing interactions. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
- Base stats
- Projectile, sharp type, detects partial hitbox, 43 range, 0.6s attack cooldown, 1 damage, 100 pierce. Ricochets towards bloons from up to 187.5 range from projectile.
- Crosspathing interactions
- Attacks faster, 0.45s (-25%) attack cooldown instead of 0.6s.
- Attacks faster, 0.3375s (-25%) attack cooldown instead of 0.45s.
- Base range increased to 49.5 (+15%) range instead of 43.
- Glaives now deal normal damage type, damage increases to 2 (+1).
- Monkey Knowledge affections
- See also: Damage Types/Bloons TD 6/Primary
The following are a list of wiki-written damage types associated by a Dart Monkey with Sharp Shots. These damage type statistics include how it attacks and how these attacks would affect bloons. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
- Updated as of Version 31.0. Listed prices exclude buffs, sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
MOAR Glaives is an extremely powerful tower against bloons. It is generally best paired with an anti-MOAB attacker midgame, such as Arcane Spike or MOAB Mauler. Although it begins falling out of favor late game, it can still do fair chunks of damage to hyperclumped superceramics.
Its biggest problem in the current state of the game is that it is outclassed by Recursive Cluster, at least most of the time.
- MOAR Glaives is usually best paired up with Red Hot Rangs. Despite shooting around 55% faster than when upgraded to Faster Rangs instead (1.25⋅1.25 attack speed bonus), the +1 damage essentially doubles the damage of MOAR Glaives, while also allowing it to pop Lead and Frozen bloons. However, the Faster Rangs crosspath will overcome the Red Hot Rangs one on DPS if Berserker Brew or higher is used.
- In the same idea, a 4-0-2 Boomerang can beat round 63 all by itself on many maps.
- Similar to Glaive Ricochet, MOAR Glaives projectiles are thrown straight rather than curved, though this is rarely noticeable unless in special custom challenges where bloon speed is extremely rapid.
- MOAR Glaives were a popular option in Race Events that enable this upgrade, since it has a huge pierce and attack speed increase alongside a much greater ricocheting range.
- This upgrade wears the almost same clothing as the BTD5's Glaive Lord, except with an additional two crossed stripes.
- Part of the name "M.O.A.R." in "M.O.A.R. Glaives" is a corruption of the word "more", implying the Boomerang Monkey's increased quantity and quality of the glaives.
- "MOAR" also appears in other media used to imply a corruption of the word "more". In terms of meme culture, the word "MOAR" is "a popular misspelling of the word 'more'".
- One of the more popular instances of "MOAR" in meme culture comes from a certain SpongeBob SquarePants meme "MOAR Krabs". MOAR Krabs is a caricatured version of Mr. Krabs who appears after repetitively demanding SpongeBob to catch more jellyfish, after continually shouting "More!" every time SpongeBob catches a jellyfish.
- Before Version 18.0, the in-game 4-0-0 MOAR Glaives lacked two dark gray stripes unless upgraded along Long Range Rangs or Faster Throwing, despite its artwork featuring them.