Lotus Island is a somewhat rabbit-shaped island with lotuses. After three minutes, they bloom, revealing yellow orbs of pollen. If clicked, an orb explodes, stunning all bloons in its radius except BADs. It then closes up and reopens again after another three minutes.
Lotus Island has a variety of obstacles on the map, blocking towers with Line of Sight. There is one highground spot on the stone podium where Snipers would benefit much from. Obviously, as an island, there's lots of water outside the perimeters of the island. There are a few smaller islands where smaller towers can be placed. The smallest island on the map can place up to one of a moderate-sized tower (i.e. up to the footprint size of Boomerang Monkey, Wizard Monkey, and Engineer Monkey).
Lotus Island also has a hidden function similar to Adora's Temple. When the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey is summoned atop the stone podium, the flowers turn from orange to purple, and their pollen explosions are dark red. It is unknown whether this affects their function.
- Due to their large damage increase (from +2 to +10 as much depending on the tier) to stunned bloons, middle-path Mortar Monkeys are very powerful on this island when using the flowers' stun property.
- Main article: Lotus Island/Strategies
- This is the second Beginner Map to feature a special gameplay-related feature, the first being Frozen Over as of Version 17.0.
- This map, as it was added at the same time as Odyssey Mode, is a reference to a part of the Odyssey where the Lotus Eaters give the crew magical lotus flowers which cause them to forget where they came from, forcing Odysseus to drag them back by force. The lotus's stunning effect is another reference to this.
- The lotuses are affected by the reset cooldown button in Sandbox, recharging when the button is pressed.
- The 82nd Race Event, first released a few days after Version 19.0, uses the map Lotus Island.
- The first ever week of Odyssey Mode in BTD6 started off with Lotus Island as the first island.
- The shape of Lotus Island resembles Australia.
- This map is arguably one of the hardest Beginner tracks due to the lack of junctions, the other being Hedge. Nonetheless, the map is still much easier than Intermediate maps in general.
- Before Version 25.0, the soundtrack for Lotus Island was Tribes and Tribulations, but was changed as of said update.