|“||We turn to him, when all hope is lost...||”|
|~ In-game description|
Legend of the Night (also referred to as LotN) is the last upgrade on the third path for the Super Monkey in Bloons TD 6. It gains a passive ability that summons a black hole at the end of the track if any non-special bloon escapes, (including all MOAB-class Bloons, even BADs, but not Boss Bloons or Golden Bloons). The black hole ability absorbs the first bloons that leak and prevents the player from losing any lives for 8 seconds before disappearing, and it has a long global cooldown of 2 minutes. The bloons that enter the portal while it is up will not take lives, but the one that causes the portal to appear will not either. It also keeps the Darkshift ability from its previous upgrades which allows it to instantly teleport to any valid location on the map. As well as that, the tower also becomes much stronger by increasing range by +4 (from 53 units to 57 units), pierce by +15 (from 8 to 23), base damage by +8 (from 2 to 10), and dealing +8 damage to MOAB-class Bloons and +4 to Ceramic Bloons.
The Legend of the Night wears a bulkier suit than its predecessor, with a more fully-formed cowl and bat-shaped cape, and pronounced utility pouches on its belt. Its chest armor now bears a lighter grey section between two dark grey, almost black sections, and its shoulder pads are rather pronounced. In its upgrade portrait it also has one of its feet on a rock similar to the Avatar of Wrath.
Legend of the Night has 10 for base damage, (+ 8 vs MOABs, and +4 vs ceramics) +4 range, (for 57 total) and +15 pierce (for 23 total) as well as gaining a unique ability that triggers on Bloon leakage.
This Black Hole ability prevents any life loss from leaks for 8 seconds, on a 2 minute tracking cooldown (as in, selling and repurchasing Legend of the Night does not reset the cooldown).
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
Legend of the Night can access Camo Prioritization, allowing all its attacks to prioritize Camo Bloons over other types when this secondary targeting option is active.
Legend of the Night's portal is considered a retaliation that is only triggered when bloons reach 100% progress (i.e. reach the exit). Portal has no set targeting, merely just absorbing passing bloons with no life loss.
- Updated as of Version 32.0. Listed prices exclude external buffs, any sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
This upgrade's prices (or included crosspath's prices) are affected by the following MK: Better Sell Deals
Legend of the Night is the second-most powerful tower in the entire game (excluding paragons), second to the True Sun God and its special variant (Vengeful True Sun God). Thanks to its black hole passive ability, it can temporarily tank bloons (except Boss Bloons and Lych-Souls) without losing lives, equivalent to instakilling leaking bloons but without the income gain. This makes the Legend of the Night excel at extreme late-game (Rounds 101+), as a safety net for leaks, since it can tank any bloon by effectively deleting them. However, Version 30.0 nerfed Legend of the Night's passive ability to have a global cooldown instead of a local one, preventing chained use of the passive ability.
Outside of its special ability, however, it is almost never used as it is simply too expensive compared to other Tier 5 options that can beat the game just as easily as Legend of the Night but for cheaper.
However, alongside The Anti-Bloon, Legend of the Night is required as a special sacrifice to the Vengeful True Sun God, making it not accessible until the Vengeful True Sun God is sold. The most effective tactic is generally to exchange the Legend of the Night's ability for the 2x damage, as the increased DPS is more valued than the Legend of the Night's comparatively weak attack and niche ability.
- Place the Legend of the Night along straight lines to increase the usage of its fairly large pierce.
- Setting the tower to 'Strong' allows it to prioritize high health MOAB-class bloons, which is its specialty.
- Note that this means that if it is focusing on a higher-tier bloon, lower-tier MOABs may still pass through defenses.
- This upgrade synergizes very well with Elite Defender and Bomb Blitz since it can trigger those towers' abilities without losing any lives (although Legend of the Night is very expensive for such a synergy).
- Deleting bloons with the passive ability will not reward cash.
- Legend of the Night cannot instakill Golden Bloons with its portal and attempting to do so will yield no reward.
When relogging into a game having Legend of the Night:
- [Bat screeching]
When activating Global Darkshift Ability:
- This tower, along with the Anti-Bloon, is required to create the Vengeful True Sun God, one of the most powerful towers in BTD6.
- Legend of the Night is the second-most expensive upgrade in the game (excluding Paragons), with the first being True Sun God.
- As of v17.0, the Legend of the Night is currently the only Path 3 Tier 5 tower in the game to have an ability.
- Counting past versions of the game, however, it is the second tower to have this distinction, the first being the now-unused Soulbind.
- While very expensive, a Legend of the Night was affordable as early as Round 173 on CHIMPS.
- It is notably one of the few non-hero towers that use male pronouns in its description, the other being Super Monkey Fan Club.
- It is also the first tower upgrade capable of one-shotting the BAD-Bloon, following 2nd Ezili with her lvl 20 MOAB Hex ability, and 3rd is the Navarch of the Seas (Monkey Buccaneer Paragon).
- It is a reference to the local superhero, Batman.
- Legend of the Night's upgrade portrait has it standing on a piece of rock. This rock, though a different color, is shared with Avatar of Wrath who is also a Magic Monkey.