|“||We turn to him, when all hope is lost...||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Legend of the Night (also referred to as LotN or The Night) is the last upgrade on the third path for the Super Monkey in Bloons TD 6. It gains a passive ability that summons a black hole at the end of the track if any bloon (including all M.O.A.B. Class Bloons, even B.A.D.s) escapes. The black hole ability absorbs the first bloons that leak and prevents the player from losing any lives for 7.5 seconds before disappearing, and it has a long cooldown of 2 minutes. The tower also becomes much stronger with a slightly longer range (+4 range to be precise), +15 pierce, from 7 to 22, base damage increased by 3, from 2 to 5 and dealing 8 damage per hit to MOAB-class Bloons.
It costs $204,000 on Easy, $240,000 on Medium, $259,200 on Hard and $288,000 on Impoppable.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Legend of the Night is the second-most powerful tower in the entire game, second to the True Sun God and its special variant (Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey). Thanks to its black hole passive ability, it can temporarily tank bloons without losing lives, equivalent to instakilling leaking bloons but without the income gain. This makes the Legend of the Night excel at epic late-game (Rounds 101+), as any bloon including BADs can be instantly deleted provided the bloons reach the black hole on time.
However, alongside The Anti-Bloon, Legend of the Night is required as a separate sacrifice to the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey, making it not accessible until the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey is sold. While the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey will gain 3x damage for all its attacks compared to the True Sun God, the loss of the black hole passive ability comes as a minor disadvantage in the epic late-game if bloons start to leak.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Place the Legend of the Night in an area where it can target much of the track so that its powerful MOAB-killing potential is not wasted.
- Making the tower target 'strong' allows it to prioritize its main target.
- This upgrade synergises very well with the Elite Defender and Bomb Blitz since it can trigger those towers' abilities without losing any lives.
- Only use the passive ability as a last resort, as "deleting" bloons with the passive ability will not reward cash.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Pierce increased (9 → 21)
- Damage increased by 1
- Legend of the Night now has a "Darkshift" ability which allows it to teleport anywhere on the map. This ability is inherited from Dark Knight.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This tower, along with the Anti-Bloon, is required to create Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey, the most powerful tower in BTD6.
- Legend of the Night is the second-most expensive upgrade in the game, with the first being True Sun God.
- As of v17.0, the Legend of the Night is currently the only Path 3 Tier-5 tower in the game to have an ability.
- Counting past versions of the game, however, it is the second tower to have this distinction, the first being the now-unused Soulbind.