|“||Laser tipped shots shock bloons into popping again 1 second after being struck.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Laser Shock is the second upgrade for Path 1 for the Dartling Gunner in BTD6. This upgrade adds an electric shock effect to the Dartling Gunner's projectiles, causing them to deal an additional 1 damage to Bloons 1 second after they have been hit and causes them to take +1 damage from other Dartling Gunners with the Laser Shock upgrade. When interacting with Hydra Rocket Pods projectiles, the Laser Shock status effect only applies to the initial hit and not its explosions.
It costs $765 on Easy, $900 on Medium, $970 on Hard and $1,080 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Laser Shock's unmentioned effect means it serves as an effective +1 damage for most Dartling Guns. However, do note that Laser Shock does not apply this effect to the Hydra Rocket Pods' explosions. With the Laser Shock upgrade, the Dartling Gunner becomes effective at dealing extra damage versus single-target bloons.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If using this upgrade early on, it is best to buy Powerful Darts to crosspath. It also comes with the added bonus of being able to have Focused Firing. However, this path would lack camo detection.
- Do note that the Faster Barrel Spin is better for Laser Cannon in general, but Powerful Darts is stronger in the save up to Laser Cannon.
- This upgrade is usually the worse crosspath for Hydra Rocket Pods because only initial hit applies the effect. The created explosions do not apply the Laser Shock effects.
- For Buckshot and its upgrades, Laser Shock does not lag far behind because of its predecessor Focused Firing, but they still generally appreciate Advanced Targeting and Faster Barrel Spin as it has more potential DPS increase and consistency with its slow attacks.
- Versus singular MOABs, such as on Round 40, 2-2-0 Dartling takes down the MOAB layer faster but struggles versus the bloons underneath due to insufficient pierce. 2-0-2 Dartling takes down the MOAB layer slower than 2-2-0, but it can almost fully solo the bloons underneath on Monkey Meadow. Other lower-tier Dartling Gunners cannot even take down the MOAB soon enough to take time to destroy the bloons underneath, specifically for the 0-2-2 Dartling.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Initial release
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Status effects[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Laser Shock is the third Tier 2 upgrade in BTD6 to cost $900 on Medium, the other being Spike Factory's Even Faster Production upgrade and the Wizard Monkey's Wall of Fire upgrade.
- The Laser Shock status effect is the only damage-over-time status effect in BTD6 to last for only one tick of damage. All other forms of damage-over-time status effects last for at least two ticks (e.g. default Burny Stuff lasts 2 ticks over 3.0s by damaging bloons once every 1.5s).