|“||Shoots further and deploys sentries in a much larger area.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Larger Service Area is the 1st upgrade of Path 2 for the Engineer Monkey in BTD6. It increases the range of the Engineer from 40 to 60. In addition, sentries spawned by this Engineer gain +4 range, and this upgrade is required for the Cleansing Foam upgrade, unlike BTD5.
It costs $210 on Easy, $250 on Medium, $270 on Hard, and $300 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Larger Service Area is a lot more useful in this game compared to BTD5, as it is now far cheaper, is a Tier 1 upgrade rather than Tier 2, and the Engineer's sentry spawning algorithm is now smarter. The extra range bonus from Larger Service Area is still massive for its cost, making it have the greatest valuable in combination with upgrades specifically targeted at improving the Engineer himself rather than his sentries.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This upgrade is hardly useful for sentries, due to slightly interrupting the spawning algorithm of the sentries, but it is still kind of useful for the main Engineer.
- Pairing the Larger Service Area upgrade with Double Gun allows the Engineer to reach further, allowing the fast pinning attacks to reach considerably further, although this misses out on the Sentry Gun upgrade.
- Generally speaking, this upgrade is usually not very necessary unless it's to improve coverage for the Engineer's nailgun. Even in BTD6, this upgrade doesn't do very well in combination with sentries.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- Larger Service Area now grants +4 range to all sentries deployed by the Engineer
- Cost of Larger Service Area decreased ($550 → $250)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Larger Service Area costed $100 less than its BTD5 counterpart on initial release, but now that this upgrade became $250 as of Version 21.0, purchasing this upgrade alone became around 55% cheaper than it did in BTD5.