|“||Shots can pop through 7 layers of Bloon.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
Large Calibre is the second upgrade of Path 1 for the Sniper Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Sniper to deal 7 damage to bloons per shot instead of 4, enough to pop an entire Zebra Bloon or Lead Bloon, and can turn an entire Rainbow Bloon into 8 Red Bloons. When crosspathed with Shrapnel Shot, shrapnel pieces deal 2 damage instead of 1.
It costs $1,275 on Easy, $1,500 on Medium, $1,620 on Hard, and $1,800 on Impoppable.
Description[edit | edit source]
Large Calibre allows the Sniper Monkey to pop 7 damage to bloons per shot instead of 4. One single shot is enough to wipe out an entire Zebra Bloon or Lead Bloon, and can turn an entire Rainbow Bloon into 8 Red Bloons. If crosspathed with Shrapnel Shot, the shrapnel pieces deal 2 damage instead of 1.
When pairing it with Path 3 upgrades, the beret will be colored purple on one side plus grey/orange (depending on upgrade) on the other side. Semi-Automatic will add a pair of earmuffs to the Sniper Monkey on top of the aforementioned changes. Full Auto Rifle turns the helmet of the Full Auto Rifle to purple.
Adding Night Vision Goggles will give the tower night vision goggles. Adding Shrapnel Shot will add an explosion symbol to the beret. Adding Bouncing Bullet will turn the army hat's coating purple. Adding Supply Drop will color the "bush hair" purple with black.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Large Calibre upgrade is a rather simple damage buff upgrade intended mostly for breaking down many layers of each weaker bloon in a single shot rather than pure extra DPS, although the same upgrade serves as a highly beneficial upgrade to the Sniper's pure DPS when paired with any of the Sniper's higher upgrades. Like most Path 1 Sniper upgrades, Large Calibre benefits the most from the increased attack speed that the entirety of Path 3 provides, allowing its high damage output to be fully utilized. The same upgrade is also helpful for Upper Path 2 upgrades such as Bouncing Bullet or Elite Sniper to more reliably pop multiple dense groups of bloons.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is advised to use a 2-0-2 Large Calibre with this upgrade, since it lets it fire faster, making it far more efficient. It would be preferable to upgrade further towards either Deadly Precision against Ceramics or Semi-Automatic for pure DPS (especially against mid-game MOABs and BFBs).
- It is better off using the Large Calibre upgrade for Rounds 35+, as a Full Metal Jacket is often sufficient for bringing down Zebras and Leads into more manageable bloons.
- One 2/1+/0 Sniper is enough to take down one Camo Rainbow with a single shot or one Camo Ceramic in two shots. But to fully utilize the solo camo popping power of Snipers, try upgrading further to 2/3/0 Bouncing Bullet for even more reliability.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
2-2-0 Large Calibre increases Shrapnel Shot fragment damage (1 -> 2)
Affected by base Sniper attack speed buff
- Affected by 1-2-0 Sniper buff
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In BTD6, the Point Five Oh pose from BTD5 is the standard pose of the Sniper Monkey upgrade artworks of Tier-1 and Tier-2.