|“||Throws heavy Kylie boomerangs that follow a straight path instead of curved.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Kylie Boomerang is the third upgrade on Path 3 for the Boomerang Monkey in BTD6. It converts the monkey's boomerangs into Kylie Boomerangs that follow a straight path as opposed to the curved path that normal boomerangs follow. This allows the Boomerang Monkey to attack Bloons with more accuracy and precision along straight lines. In addition to a different boomerang flight pattern, kylie boomerangs are able to re-hit the same bloons multiple times for every 0.3s contact with the same bloon. Each kylie boomerang can pop a maximum of 18 bloons per shot (+4 and +9 with Path 1 upgrades).
This upgrade costs $1,100 on Easy, $1,300 on Medium, $1,405 on Hard, and $1,560 on Impoppable.
- Since Kylie Boomerangs have a decent amount of pierce by itself, it is recommended to purchase Path 2 upgrades. Faster Throwing and Faster Rangs will be very helpful for optimizing the use of straight-line boomerangs and their extra damage that they have.
- While the upgrade itself is decent, it is not an outstanding tower due to its main attack quickly falling off when larger rushes of bloons (especially spaced) come.
- If you plan to upgrade a boomerang monkey to this upgrade, place the monkey as you would a Dart Monkey you plan to upgrade to Spike-o-pult.
Kylie Boomerang no longer gives boomerangs +1 damage. However, boomerangs still pop 2 layers of bloon.
Cost of Kylie Boomerang reduced ($1,400 --> $1,300)
- The Kylie Boomerang was mentioned in this Ninja Kiwi blog.
- Kylie boomerangs are a real type of boomerang. They were used by native Australians to hunt prey and were not designed to return to the thrower.
- The straight-lined forward-to-backwards boomerang throwing pattern done by Kylie Boomerang can be compared to the boomerangs thrown patterns done by the Bloomerang from Plants vs Zombies 2.