|“||Deadly inferno of flame roasts Bloons into oblivion.||”|
Inferno Ring is the final upgrade on the first path for the Tack Shooter in Bloons TD 6. It creates an endless fire ring and increases the range of the Tack Shooter as well. It deals 4 damage per 0.1 seconds to all bloons (excluding Camo Bloons) inside the ring, plus an extra +6 damage against MOAB-class bloons. Although the Inferno Ring is devastating against most bloons, it cannot pop Purple Bloons or Camo Bloons. Additionally, every 4 seconds, it shoots a meteor at the strongest bloon on screen, dealing 700 damage. The meteor also has an additional explosion that can affect up to 10 more bloons, dealing 50 damage and applying 50 additional damage every second for 4 seconds to them. It costs $42,500 on Easy, $50,000 on Medium, $54,000 on Hard and $60,000 on Impoppable.
- 5-2-0 Inferno Ring is almost always better than a 5-0-2, since the increased amount of range is almost certainly much better than simply gaining +20 pierce per 0.5 second pulses.
- Placing Primary Training or Primary Expertise nearby an Inferno Ring is essential for maximizing the power of the Inferno Ring's endless inferno blasts. This not only increases the area that the Inferno Ring can reach, it also increases the maximum number of bloons that can become affected by its inferno blasts at any given time, increasing its popping power immensely.
- The special meteor will normally only affect one bloon at a time, but it is able to affect more than one bloon by towers that grant extra pierce, especially Primary Training or Primary Expertise, which grant +1 and +3 pierce respectively.
- However, as of version 17.0, the meteor will now apply splash damage to nearby bloons upon reaching its pierce cap, meaning that it is able to affect more than one bloon at a time even without pierce buffs.
- The meteor can attack camo bloons, making it handy on very specific custom challenges.
Inferno Ring increased damage to MOAB-class (5 → 8). Normal bloon damage still 2 damage.
Inferno Ring damage increased from 2 → 4 (still does +6 damage to MOAB-class)
Inferno Ring gains a homing meteor attack that aims at the strongest bloon on screen. It activates every 7 seconds, and deals 700 damage.
Inferno Ring's homing meteor attack speed increased (every 7.0s → 4.0s)
Inferno Ring Meteor attack now creates an explosion when original pierce cap reached (even though claimed “on impact”) with pierce 10, radius 18, 50 damage, this also applies a DoT of 50 damage per second for 4 seconds.
- Since the update for Inferno Ring's new homing meteor attack, which can target camo bloons but only if such bloons are of strongest type, Inferno Ring is the only Tack Shooter upgrade that can damage Camo Bloons.
- Inferno Ring has been used in 2 Towers C.H.I.M.P.S. with Tsar Bomba in Version 14.2 by benstein999. Round 95 was extremely difficult, and took him 15 hours to beat that one round.
- Even though Version 17.0 changed the meteor such that it produces an explosion "on impact", buffing that Tack Shooter's pierce via Berserker Brew/Stronger Stimulant/Permanent Brew or Primary Training will still allow the meteor to pop multiple bloons as usual until it runs out of pierce, in which by then will explode then.