|“||Makes the shots more accurate.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Increased Accuracy is the first upgrade of Path 3 for the Mortar Monkey in BTD6. It shrinks the size of the target reticle and allows the Mortar Monkey to direct its fire more accurately. With this upgrade, the explosion deviation decreases from 18 to 8, for roughly 2.25x more accuracy.
It costs $170 on Easy, $200 on Medium, $215 on Hard, and $240 on Impoppable.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Mortar Monkey gains a headset and a helmet-held speaker. Nothing else changes in terms of visual changes.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Increased Accuracy makes the Mortar Monkey's shots more consistent. This may be useful for specific scenarios where random projectile deviation is especially dangerous. In normal games however, getting Faster Reload or Bigger Blast and their upgrades as crosspaths is usually better.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Mortar still does not hits its shots 100% accurately with this upgrade even though it is far more consistent.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- Attack speed without Path 2 upgrades increased (2.2s --> 2.0s)
- Attack speed with Faster Reload increased (1.54s --> 1.5s)
- Attack speed with Rapid Reload decreased (1.07s --> 1.08s)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This upgrade and Focused Firing are the only upgrades that modify the target symbol (also known as the "crosshair" or "recticle"). It decreases the size of the target symbol.
- In Version 21.0, there was a bug whereby Increased Accuracy had absolutely no effect on Artillery Battery and Pop and Awe, as the explosion deviation remained the same whether or not the upgrade was purchased or not. The same issue happened when purchasing Burny Stuff as the upgrade above. This was fixed as of Version 22.0; in fact, this bug was reported by Ninja Kiwi to be long unreported until the Version 21.0 general accuracy nerf.