|“||Frozen Bloons grow sharp icicles that can pop Bloons that touch them.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Icicles is the Tier 4 upgrade on Path 3 for the Ice Monkey in Bloons Tower Defense 6. With this upgrade, any Bloons frozen by the Ice Monkey to grow icicles. These icicles deal two damage at any Bloon that touches them, and pierce up to 3 bloons. The icicles that form on bloons are considered the shatter type, allowing the popping of White Bloons, Zebra Bloons, and Frozen Bloons but not Lead Bloons. Inheriting the properties of Cryo Cannon, its ice blasts deal 2 layers of damage too.
It costs $1,700 on Easy, $2,000 on Medium, $2,160 on Hard, and $2,400 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Icicles can be used to improve mid-game potential while saving up for an early Icicle Impale. It is best used as a cleanup option in combination with other towers. Combined with the powerful ice blasts and icicles, this tower can deal quite good chunk amount of damage to bloons overall.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Icicles is a cheap option to help control bloon rushes by dealing fair damage while freezing bloons.
- As such, it is good to combo Icicles with a tower that deals a lot of MOAB damage but struggles against bloons, such as Arcane Spike or Dark Knight.
- It is also a good stepping stone to the powerful Icicle Impale.
- It is good to note that Icicles can pop White Bloons if there are other bloons it has previously applied Icicles on. This is mostly useful in player-made challenges.
- Bear in mind that icicles cannot spawn if the blast radius damages Rainbow Bloons, as the spawned Whites will form no icicles, but the spawned Black Bloons can.
- The 0-2-4 Icicles is superior for pure damage. Use 2-0-4 only if Leads need to be popped or if target priority micromanagement is necessary.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Icicles blast radius pierce increased (20 → 30)
- Blast Radius increased 10 -> 20
- Ice ball damage increased 1 -> 2
- xx4 Icicles 'shard' damage increased 1 -> 2
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Icicles costs the same amount as Cryo Cannon, similarly to how Ice Shards costs the same as Absolute Zero in BTD5.
- Despite what the patch notes mentioned regarding Cryo Cannon pierce not being affected by the change, Cryo Cannon and its subsequent upgrades actually received a pierce buff from 20 to 30. This also affects the Icicles upgrade.
- The damage buffs to Icicles actually make it harder to complete One Ice Monkey Only plus 0-2-0 Village, rather than easier. This is because the blasts deal too much damage for the icicle stockpiles to become retained, not to mention that icicles cannot form if bloons are already popped.