|This article is a stub. You can help Bloons Wiki by expanding it.|
Hydra Rocket Pods is the 3rd upgrade for Path 2 of the Dartling Gun in Bloons Tower Defense 5. It costs $5950 on Easy, $7000 on Medium, $7560 on Hard and $8400 on Impoppable. It shoots out missiles that explode on impact instead of darts. This upgrade's rockets have sharp tips, meaning that the rockets can pop Black Bloons and Zebra Bloons. This upgrade can still damage DDTs because of its preceding upgrade, Depleted Bloontonium.
- Sharp tips actually appear in the game. A single spike can be seen on top of each missle shot out.
- This, along with The Big One, Bloon Impact, Spiked Mines (BTD5 generation only), and Flash Bomb are the only towers that can pop Black and Zebra bloons with explosions.
- This upgrade seems to be based off of the Hydra 70 rocket pods.
- Each rocket can pop up to 40 bloons.
- Hydra Rocket Pods fires at 66% the rate of its mirror upgrade option, Laser Cannon.
- This is compensated by the area of rockets' explosions.
- The Hydra Rocket Pods upgrade icon appears to look like multiple images of the Missile Launcher upgrade icon from the Bomb Tower. The same applies to Bloon Area Denial System, albeit more missiles.
- Main article: Hydra Rocket Pods/Strategies