- Not to be confused with Hot Shot, a Monkey Buccaneer upgrade.
|“||Shoots superhot tacks that do extra damage and can pop Lead Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Hot Shots is the third upgrade of Path 1 for the Tack Shooter in BTD6. Along with allowing the Tack Shooter to pop Frozen and Lead Bloons, it also deals two layers damage per shot instead of one. Due to the fact that it deals physical damage, it can still pop Purple Bloons, while its superior variants, Ring of Fire and Inferno Ring, cannot.
It costs $510 on Easy, $600 on Medium, $650 on Hard, and $720 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Hot Shots is a low-cost method of providing high damage within short range. Compared to other upgrades, Hot Shots can pop any bloon type, and it deals extra damage to all bloon types. While not the most cost-effective method, spamming 3-0-2 Hot Shots with Primary Mentoring and Gwendolin is a decent option for inflicting high damage for the early mid-game until the early late-game, while saving enough money for more powerful upgrades.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If utilizing just Hot Shots, it is more worth using 3-2-0, as the Super Range Tacks upgrade gives each tack additional pierce, doubling the popping power and increasing range. A 3-0-2 might not even be better for pure single target damage since it has less range, although buffs like Primary Mentoring and Gwendolin easily compensate those issues.
- Hot Shots is generally better against MOAB-class bloons compared to the succeeding upgrade Ring of Fire. However, Ring of Fire does have a benefit of attacking faster and inflict more damage per fire blast.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hot Shots might be reference to the movie with same name.
- The Version 7.0 buff to Red Hot Rangs is likely inspired by this upgrade.