|“||Burning hot grape shot can pop Lead Bloons and set Bloons on fire.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Hot Shot is the Tier 2 upgrade of Path 2 for the Monkey Buccaneer in Bloons TD 6. It allows the Buccaneer to shoot flaming grapes instead of normal ones. These grapes pop Lead Bloons and can cause a burning effect similar to Mortar Monkey's Burny Stuff upgrade. The burn effect does 1 damage every 1.5 seconds for 3 seconds. However, the flaming grapes are now fire type, meaning they cannot pop Purple Bloons.
After buying this upgrade, the grapes shot will be on fire. Crosspaths do not affect the appearance of the grapes.
Hot Shot can be a useful upgrade for popping lead bloons early on, and the extra damage is also helpful. A 0-2-2 Buccaneer is also useful for popping camo lead bloons.
- A 2-2-0 Buccaneer has very good popping power, especially early on, for a decently low price. The Double Shot upgrade not only doubles the darts, but also doubles the grapes.
- Purchasing Hot Shots is very handy as a crosspath for Merchantmen, as it makes them useful at popping Camo Leads and most bloons between Rounds 20-30 on its own, given slight support from other towers.
- Note that the burn effect from the grapes cannot stack (i.e. If a Hot Shot grape hits a bloon already on fire, it will not any extra damage from the burn effect). Therefore, often just one Hot Shot upgrade is enough.
- Since the grapes now deal damage through fire, they can no longer pop Purple Bloons.
|Not enough images!|
There are not enough images on this page to sufficiently complete this page or section. You can help by expanding it by uploading some images related to the article's subject(s).
- This is one of a handful of upgrades that enables towers to burn bloons in BTD6.
- The grapes from Hot Shot cannot pop Purples even though the grapes visually appear to be literally purple grapes with flames. This is contrary to other upgrades such as White Hot Spikes or the Tack Shooter's Hot Shots upgrade.
- They can still ignite the Purple Bloon.
- A hot shot is an actual military weapon.
- Hot Shot grapes have the fire damage type, rather than the normal damage type, which allows it to pop any bloon except Purples.