Hot Shot is an upgrade featured in Bloons Tower Defense 6. It is the Monkey Buccaneer's second upgrade on Path 2. It allows the Buccaneer to shoot flaming grapes instead of normal ones; these grapes pop Lead Bloons and can cause a burning effect similar to Bloons Tower Defense 5's Burny Stuff upgrade for the Mortar Tower and some of Gwendolin's attacks. The burn effect does 1 damage every 1.5 seconds for 3 seconds, The grapes will no longer pop Purple Bloons, though, since they primarily deal fire damage which Purples are immune to.
It costs $425 on Easy $500 on Medium, $540 on Hard, $600 on Impoppable.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
After buying this upgrade, the Monkey Buccaneer's grapes are orange. The grapes themselves appear to be burning. If the top path or bottom is upgraded, the grapes stay orange.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- One 022 Hot Shot is useful at popping Camo Leads with ease.
- Purchasing Hot Shots is very handy as a crosspath for Merchantmen, as it makes them useful at popping Camo Leads and most bloons between Rounds 20-30 on its own, given slight support from other towers.
- Since 17.0, Double Shot now also multiples the number of grapes of a Buccaneer, including hot shots, making it extremely powerful as a crosspath for top path upgrades.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Crosspathing with Double Shot now doubles grapes (carried over from 210)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is one of a handful of upgrades that enable towers to burn bloons.
- The grapes from Hot Shot cannot pop Purples even though the grapes visually appear to be literally purple grapes with flames. This is contrary to other upgrades such as White Hot Spikes or the Tack Shooter's Hot Shots upgrade.
- They can still ignite the Purple Bloon.
- A hot shot is an actual military weapon.